• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven't filed my app with MSP yet, but I stopped by Live Scan in Glen Burnie today and got my prints done. Two guys ahead of me, one came in after I did, all of us for HQLs. What a windfall for Live Scan. Only had to wait a few minutes, even though I didn't register online. The lady said people started pouring in on Tuesday once it was reported that the U.S. District Judge had denied the TRO.

ptman2000

Aug 19, 2013
    Riva, MD
    I went to Worth-a-Shot this morning when they opened and I was out in 25 min. Two were ahead of me and two came in after. Did my application at 3 and have already gotten back all completes except my DMV picture. Anyone know how long it takes to get the card after all is good?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I went to Worth-a-Shot this morning when they opened and I was out in 25 min. Two were ahead of me and two came in after. Did my application at 3 and have already gotten back all completes except my DMV picture. Anyone know how long it takes to get the card after all is good?

30 days to 6 months.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    HQL Confusion

I am a bit confused. On Tuesday I made an appt at the Waldorf MVA for prints. When I arrived today, they told me they could not process my prints, something about a missing code in their system. I next tried the Charles County Sheriff's Office in St Charles Mall. They processed the prints (after I went to find exact change for the fee of $49.50) and gave me a receipt with a control number. They told me I had to attach this to my application, but I did not see a request to do so during the app process. I also found online instructions that said the receipt should be attached to the upper left corner of my application. I expected to have to mail something in, did I miss something?

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie

there is no requirement to mail in the fingerprint receipt right? i know it still says so on the MSP website, but my understanding is that you don't need that anymore

B@Dfi$H

Nov 9, 2009
    the ranchhood
    on 10/2 got my live scan at 2:30 on the way home from work finished the app around 7 last night,on 10/3 checked it when i got home at 5:30 there all showing Completed ,status is pending

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    So...the web process is somewhat busted.

While it DOES NOT require SSN...

It REQUIRES Occupation, but it is not marked as required field

They state:

"Have you ever been convicted in Maryland or elsewhere of a COMMON LAW OFFENSE FOR WHICH YOU RECEIVED A SENTENCE OF MORE THAN TWO YEARS? IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT SENTENCE YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVED. EVEN IF YOU GOT PROBATION"

I suspect they meant to say:

"Have you ever been convicted in Maryland or elsewhere of a COMMON LAW OFFENSE FOR WHICH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE SENTENCE OF MORE THAN TWO YEARS? IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT SENTENCE YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVED. EVEN IF YOU GOT PROBATION"

Or some such.

Complaint: there is no way to print out the data submitted unless you do your own screen shots.

Complaint: there is no final review of all data you enter. Be DAMN sure you have it right the first time.

I will note the costs to me so far is $104.50 (34.50+20+50)

I had my prints done at the Frederick County Sheriff's Office.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Just for everyone who is wondering what you need to get started, here is what I did.
    1) Register, 2) Get Prints 3) Complete Application (You will need info from Prints, and if your going to Exempt based on previous purchase you need info on any previous regulated purchase, like make, model, serial #, etc.) 4) Pay fee, and wait.

All in all its a quick process, took 10 minutes to get prints ($54.50), and then another 15 minutes to complete the application ($50).

Honestly - I can not see how any judge would not consider this as denial of a right. Basically if you have never purchased a regulated firearm before and don't have the training, you are on the hook for training, which I would expect to be at least $200, then another $100 for prints and forms. So $300 road block before you even get to the gun shop.

pittsaero

Mar 29, 2013
    Just for everyone who is wondering what you need to get started, here is what I did.
    1) Register, 2) Get Prints 3) Complete Application (You will need info from Prints, and if your going to Exempt based on previous purchase you need info on any previous regulated purchase, like make, model, serial #, etc.) 4) Pay fee, and wait.

All in all its a quick process, took 10 minutes to get prints ($54.50), and then another 15 minutes to complete the application ($50).

Honestly - I can not see how any judge would not consider this as denial of a right. Basically if you have never purchased a regulated firearm before and don't have the training, you are on the hook for training, which I would expect to be at least $200, then another $100 for prints and forms. So $300 road block before you even get to the gun shop.
    Training is$50.00 at Worth A Shot according to the email I got from them today

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom