• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    yes! But would it be ok if I shoot it through my new pistol?

I guess so...:rolleyes:
    You think the HQL wait was bad....now once you pick out your new handgun, you get to fill out all of the same paperwork again, by hand, and computer, and wait 7 business days.

I'm only 4 days in, and of course tomorrow and Sunday don't count....:smack:

And #2 is already picked out (and deposit given), so now I'm patiently waiting for the Designated Collector letter.... :innocent0

I might buy another one the day the Collector letter shows up, just to see how much paperwork I can actually fill out without a 30 year house loan coming with it...:lol2:

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I'm only 4 days in, and of course tomorrow and Sunday don't count....

Bob, who told you Saturday's and Sunday's don't count???? That was not the case on my last purchase a few weeks ago. Your non-disapproved should be back in a 3 or 4 days once the paperwork is faxed to the MSP. Regardless your FFL should be able to transfer on the 8th day.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Saturday and Sundays count. As long as Sunday is not the 7th day. If the 7th day is a Sunday or holiday, the day is extended to the next day.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Bob, who told you Saturday's and Sunday's don't count???? That was not the case on my last purchase a few weeks ago. Your non-disapproved should be back in a 3 or 4 days once the paperwork is faxed to the MSP. Regardless your FFL should be able to transfer on the 8th day.

Saturday and Sundays count. As long as Sunday is not the 7th day. If the 7th day is a Sunday or holiday, the day is extended to the next day.

Interesting...
    Got my HQL Monday (1/9) and went right there to do paperwork.
    The guy who did the paperwork with me (@Freestate) said, "OK, see ya in 10 days"...obviously taking into account the weekend.

And Randy, an owner, also said specifically that it was 7 "business" days, and 8th day release...

Technically, the actual 7th day is Monday...

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    That must be Freestate's policy! Not required!

Well, that blows. :mad54:

Been an owner of this gun for 3 weeks, so another 2 days isn't the end of the world....

BUT....

If it isn't required by LAW, then I guess I will not be buying another handgun from them.

We have enough BS "policies" to deal with without having ones from our LGS's...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    here's the back of the 77r. no mention of business days

Attachments

• 77r 7 day wait.jpg
      77r 7 day wait.jpg
      21.7 KB · Views: 300

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i'm kinda surprised by what Randy told you. Sometimes employees are not on top of the laws. But the owner kinda surprises me.

At least now you know.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    i'm kinda surprised by what Randy told you. Sometimes employees are not on top of the laws. But the owner kinda surprises me.

At least now you know.

Yep, we literally just talked about it 2 days ago. He was very specific about it being "7 business days"...and as a newbie HQL holder, I didn't know any different. I will be stopping there after work to do some shooting, so hopefully he'll be there and I can re-visit the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom