• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Not necessarily a prep item I bought, but I created a spreadsheet to inventory the items I have purchased. It's a way for me to track what I have purchased and expiration dates. Over the years, I have bought things and I've forgotten what stuff I've got and when. Heck, I'm not even sure where I put some stuff, so I've added a location column.

Oh man you are so right. Spent a couple of days cleaning out the garage... it was like an archeological dig. Found all kids of stuff I forgot I had. Note to self... I have ENOUGH tarps.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got some Fels-Naptha to keep on hand. Good for removing stains from clothes and also treats poison ivy rash. Probably cures cancer and erectile disfunction as well.

Attachments

• A8EC106E-C454-418B-A61A-754248F228C7.jpg
      A8EC106E-C454-418B-A61A-754248F228C7.jpg
      96.4 KB · Views: 334
    Last edited:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Got some Fels-Naptha to keep on hand. Good for removing stains from clothes and also treats poison ivy rash. Probably cures cancer and erectile disfunction as well.

I see you got a pair of comfy shoes too. ;)

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,

I haven't seen at stuff in many years , My Mom always had some by the washing machine but I thought it was for when she worked in the garden and needed to get a good hand washing

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I haven't seen at stuff in many years , My Mom always had some by the washing machine but I thought it was for when she worked in the garden and needed to get a good hand washing

I get mine from ACE hardware, it works great when hand cleaning microfiber towels after gun cleaning they look brand new. Also better than shout or any other pretreatment to get out oil stains.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Given that poison ivy does affect me, from what venue is purchase of Fels-Naptha available and/or recommended?

They make specific products for poison ivy.

They make a cream that you apply both you are exposed and prevents it from actually affecting the skin.

Second is a wash to use after possible exposure.

Amazon carries some of them. Safety supply places also.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County

It’s also good as a temperature indicator when annealing aluminum sheet metal. Rub it on the surface, heat with a torch until it melts, and let cool. Then form until it work hardens and repeat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Poison ivy excretes an oil that causes the reaction.

For any product to work, you need to use it BEFORE the reaction occurs, or at least before it gets too bad. Once the reaction has occurred, any of the after exposure products will remove the oil and prevent it from getting worse, but the damage has to heal.

The pre-treatment products prevent the oil from coming in contact with your skin. Sort of like an invisible glove.

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    Poison ivy excretes an oil that causes the reaction.

For any product to work, you need to use it BEFORE the reaction occurs, or at least before it gets too bad. Once the reaction has occurred, any of the after exposure products will remove the oil and prevent it from getting worse, but the damage has to heal.

The pre-treatment products prevent the oil from coming in contact with your skin. Sort of like an invisible glove.

Tecnu and Zanfel have some scrubby grit in them, I believe to have you exfoliate away some of the affected skin. I just looked at the packages I have and Tecnu claims some woo-woo homeopathic cure with theirs, so a bit scammy.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just at Rite Aid. I think it's a good price $3 ea

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_162738950~2_1630444059549.jpg
      IMG_20210831_162738950~2_1630444059549.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 189

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just at Rite Aid. I think it's a good price $3 ea

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_162738950~2_1630444059549.jpg
      IMG_20210831_162738950~2_1630444059549.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 201

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    recent world events have caused me to take another look in the pantry and reassess

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Bought some condoms for my rifles, dare them to say I am not safe shooting. They are glow in the dark for night time use so they can see me coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom