• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have an MPD radio sitting next to me at work. I can confirm they're doing this.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Any news on what will happen to the officers in this case? Any new details available? Witness accounts don't make it sound good for the officers but then again they usually don't.

Interesting bit of trivia, Terrence Sterling was arrested in PG County and the recently deceased Officer Colson was involved.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    People are getting administratively dinged for these things left and right. Some are rightfully earned but 99% of these complaints are crap and serve nothing further then to lower our already sunken moral. These guys with no time on (4 years or less) are going to be jaded faster then the old crew of guys was. They have nothing to look forward to but discipline and a public that hates them.

Just another instance of super Micro management. Which EVERY promotional book they make is read says don't do this BS

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Different angle but isn't turning it on a better option for the officers than the old cameras that were on all the time and then the footage saved when need be? I wouldn't want to be filmed all day...

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    People are getting administratively dinged for these things left and right. Some are rightfully earned but 99% of these complaints are crap and serve nothing further then to lower our already sunken moral. These guys with no time on (4 years or less) are going to be jaded faster then the old crew of guys was. They have nothing to look forward to but discipline and a public that hates them.

Just another instance of super Micro management. Which EVERY promotional book they make is read says don't do this BS

Same as where I work. Nobody wants to use force now even when it's clearly justified. Probationers right out of the academy are getting fired for stupid (not illegal) stuff other Police are doing just because they were on scene. Proactive policing is pretty much DOA. Then you add into the mix critically low manpower and the inability to resolve issues without an arrest, citation or a visit to the court commissioner due to the cameras and you have a situation where the pot is about to boil over. You can only Police in a strictly by the book fashion in a small town with no call volume. Anywhere else you have to compromise. That element is gone now due to the body cameras.

Where I work we have ten layers of review. Ten. At least ten people from ten different units will review your body camera footage. Guys are bailing out faster than passengers on the Titanic. Within the next three years my agency will be completely prostrate. I await that day with a mixture of dread and morbid curiosity.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Same as where I work. Nobody wants to use force now even when it's clearly justified. Probationers right out of the academy are getting fired for stupid (not illegal) stuff other Police are doing just because they were on scene. Proactive policing is pretty much DOA. Then you add into the mix critically low manpower and the inability to resolve issues without an arrest, citation or a visit to the court commissioner due to the cameras and you have a situation where the pot is about to boil over. You can only Police in a strictly by the book fashion in a small town with no call volume. Anywhere else you have to compromise. That element is gone now due to the body cameras.

Where I work we have ten layers of review. Ten. At least ten people from ten different units will review your body camera footage. Guys are bailing out faster than passengers on the Titanic. Within the next three years my agency will be completely prostrate. I await that day with a mixture of dread and morbid curiosity.
    Maybe you will be last man standing and get to be Chief.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'd also like to add that these cameras are costing the tax payers WAY more behind the scenes then they know. So I'll take my situation as an example.

I probably shouldn't discuss this since it's open but I didn't do anything so I feel free to discuss it. I chased and caught a man with a gun. Durin the chase the suspect pushed a kid to the ground. The kids mother said I pistol whipped her kid while crashing the suspect. The complaint was made while my sgt had a body camera on. Now it has to be investigated although it's BS. It's going to end up costing the city 20K to investigate this LIE. Between my pay, my Sgts pay, my Lts pay, the IAD guys pay, and gas, and time this is gonna be one expensive ass lie.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Sorry to hear about this. The lying mother should pay, even to the point of taking away any public assistance she might be getting.

Too bad the total cost and result won't be released to the taxpayers of DC with a reminder that this investigation cost them x minutes of ambulance / fire response...

But this being the District, I can imagine what the response to that would be.

Can we move the capitol to Kansas and build a wall around DC?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Honestly I think all of this is about pushing out the existing police force and hiring the mob, as in the protesters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom