• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    I’ve been lurking for a while and finally decided to join to ask questions and learn more. I’m new in Baltimore (21209) coming from California. I’m going from one set of crazy gun laws to another haha.

I look forward to learning from all of you as I’m finally in a position to really start building my collection and learning more about shooting and the area.

One quick question, is there a good shop near north Baltimore that does transfers? I have a few family guns in Ca that are going to be sent here. Thanks!

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I’ve been lurking for a while and finally decided to join to ask questions and learn more. I’m new in Baltimore (21209) coming from California. I’m going from one set of crazy gun laws to another haha.

I look forward to learning from all of you as I’m finally in a position to really start building my collection and learning more about shooting and the area.

One quick question, is there a good shop near north Baltimore that does transfers? I have a few family guns in Ca that are going to be sent here. Thanks!

Welcome to Cali of the East!!!

A couple places come to mind. Duffy's might be the most convenient. A short ride out Falls Road into the country. They are a sponsor here. Another sponsor here is Baltimore's Best Pawn. They are out 795, then a little further out 140. Not a bad drive. Both nice little shops. A little closer in but not a sponsor here is Continental Arms. Out 83 and get off on Padonia, follow the exit to the right toward York Rd. But at the first light (Deereco) make a right, then a right into their parking lot.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Blue Fins,in Dundalk, is a local FFL. And, I believe, a forum sponsor. They are more East than north, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

You'll learn a lot about shootings just from living in Baltimore! Good luck!

You're in or near Mt. Washington. The closest gun shop would be Masada Tactical (MD Shooters Industry Partner) on Reisterstown Rd, near Old Court Rd. Talk to them about your situation and see if they will help.
    Welcome aboard.

Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    Thanks for the welcome and great advice. I promise to use the search function before asking too many dumb questions! (Don’t be that person) Happy Veterans Day to all the vets out there, including this one! Cheers

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Hello and welcome. I'm down the road from you in 21211. You'll learn a lot here and don't stress out on asking a "dumb" question. The search engine isn't always going to help you. I've had better luck sometimes using google, by putting what I'm looking for and adding "mdshooters.com".

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Hello and welcome. I'm down the road from you in 21211. You'll learn a lot here and don't stress out on asking a "dumb" question. The search engine isn't always going to help you. I've had better luck sometimes using google, by putting what I'm looking for and adding "mdshooters.com".

I originally found Maryland Shooters while google searching something or other. And now I just think about all those wasted hours and spent money that this forum has cost me! LOL!

But I have been entertained and educated along the way too, so I guess it's been worth it.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    You're in or near Mt. Washington. The closest gun shop would be Masada Tactical (MD Shooters Industry Partner) on Reisterstown Rd, near Old Court Rd. Talk to them about your situation and see if they will help.
    Welcome aboard.

These guys are fantastic if you want additional training, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Nice to see another Baltimore resident. I'm in the 21202, Little Italy. My wife and I are real estate agents and foodies, so if you're looking for local info or good places to eat, drink, and/or be merry, I'm happy to help.

I shoot at Freestate. I've purchased from them and like the folks there. I'm pretty sure there are better deals to be had. The drive out to Duffy's is really pretty if you are in to that sort of thing.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Small world, 21209 myself. You county or shitty? I use Masada Tactical myself. Welcome.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I second Duffy's Gun Room. Awesome friendly and knowledgeable folks and a one stop shop. Excellent gunsmithing services as well. An enjoyable drive north of the city. Worth the trip.

natemorin

Nov 17, 2019
    Thanks for the tip. I'm another newbie to the forums and new to the Baltimore area. Will definitely check these guys out!

natemorin

Nov 17, 2019
    Another Recommendations for Duffy's

Nice to see another Baltimore resident. I'm in the 21202, Little Italy. My wife and I are real estate agents and foodies, so if you're looking for local info or good places to eat, drink, and/or be merry, I'm happy to help.

I shoot at Freestate. I've purchased from them and like the folks there. I'm pretty sure there are better deals to be had. The drive out to Duffy's is really pretty if you are in to that sort of thing.

I stopped by Duffy's this afternoon and was super impressed by their selection of handguns and how friendly everyone was. It's a pretty small shot but have a wide selection of some of the best brands and models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom