• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suleiman

Feb 11, 2011
    Indian Head
    I ordered my fiance's father a new 870 for Christmas. He's very into the Tacticool look so I picked him up the Express Tactical.

870-Express-Tactical-81198-prod.ashx

He's going to use it primarily as a bedside gun and I figure I'll pick up a TLR-1 HP. Two questions about the light:
    1. Is a remote switch a good idea? I'd assume I need a coiled line because of the pump action.
    2. What mount would you use?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Cheaper than Surfire and "Tacti-Cool" in my book.

EOTech: A little north of $200.

EOT_IFL-MOSS-120.jpg

Suleiman

Feb 11, 2011
    Indian Head
    Thats alot of great options. Thanks for all the input. I'm probably gonna have to hold off and see whether he'd like a weapon mounted light like the TLR-1 or a set of rings for light that he could use anytime.

After looking at them, I like the things I see in the ZSM, but I need to remember that this isn't for me.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I just screw and glue a short section of rail to the forend or use a quadrail on the barrel/mag tube. I use 30mm scope rings to mount a decent tac light and call it good. You do want sturdy rings though because the cheapies will fly off after a few dozen rounds.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Also unrelated but if its a HD gun then you'll want to know this. Remington has had bad quality control on their new barrels. Unmount the barrel and put it in a vise. Then take a 12 gauge cleaning rod (copper or brass) and chuck it in a drill. Make a few passes using a gun oil and smooth out the final machining marks. This will greatly increase the reliability of the shotgun and is easy to do. Of course you could have avoided this entirely by buying a Mossberg.

Suleiman

Feb 11, 2011
    Indian Head
    Also unrelated but if its a HD gun then you'll want to know this. Remington has had bad quality control on their new barrels. Unmount the barrel and put it in a vise. Then take a 12 gauge cleaning rod (copper or brass) and chuck it in a drill. Make a few passes using a gun oil and smooth out the final machining marks. This will greatly increase the reliability of the shotgun and is easy to do. Of course you could have avoided this entirely by buying a Mossberg.

Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't heard that. I was pretty torn between this and the equivalent 590. I thought the shorter barrel would be desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom