• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Hell that's GOOD if he got that pattern...I was more like 2 feet low at 50yds!! and only one pellet lit...the other spiraled and could be seen going down range!! I said it in a different post you'd have better luck lighting horse turds that that shockey pellets:lol2: I threw mine away at Myrtle grove range and never felt better!:lol2:

LOL yeah the same thing happened to a buddy of mine and he had run and stomp the pellet out before it caught the grass on fire. Then another situation the pellets flew out of the muzzle and looked like a stunt by the Blue Angles. Those were the Triple Seven pellets. You know the popular ones with the oil on one end. I don't have to think about which end of my powder has to go in the barrel first, but, you have to think about it with pellets.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Point well made.

I do have about 250-300 lbs (±) of cast boolits in my shed, that someone left at the range, with a note saying, "Take it. Free!", several years ago.

I've thought about melting it all down, and start casting, but, other interests have lured me away from that, for now.

Here's an example of my input about anyone casting their own bullets. These are my 255 grain tack drivers I cast for my pistol. These bullets cost me less than $20.00 to cast with the Harvester sabots included. You can't buy this many bullets from a store without really thinking about it.

In commercial store bought bullets there is over $200.00 worth of bullets in this photo. I cast $200.00 worth of bullets for less than what a 20 pack cost at the store. I have many friends who appreciate my ability to cast bullets and save them some big bucks as well.

I like to shoot my guns and not worry about the cost. With the added feature of my bullet trap I can recycle my lead and the savings keep piling up.

45%2520255%2520cva%2520optima%2520pistol%2520booltis.jpg

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I shipped out a box of my cast muzzleloader bullets to GhettoBlaster to try out in his new gun this morning, so, hopefully he will reply back with some updates on them in his new gun. I think I shipped him about 75 bullets of various weights and designs to experiment with, so, he's got plenty of options to choose from.

sywl95

Jan 20, 2009
    Ok now that we know who the reply was aimed at we can understand your reply. I don't think a Mosin is a Shotgun or a Muzzleloader that the OP decided on, so, it really doesn't apply to the OP interests to begin with. :facepalm:

oh, well....

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    in Delaware, you can hunt with the muzzle loader in shotgun season but not shotgun in muzzle loader season.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I shipped out a box of my cast muzzleloader bullets to GhettoBlaster to try out in his new gun this morning, so, hopefully he will reply back with some updates on them in his new gun. I think I shipped him about 75 bullets of various weights and designs to experiment with, so, he's got plenty of options to choose from.

How much$$..?? Do you have .50 cal that isn't a .45 sabot?

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    If you can swing a larger budget - LHR Redemption is an awesome muzzleloader - Made in America.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Same here in Maryland. We don't have a Shotgun Season we have a Firearms Season.

reason I mentioned that is that you get a much longer shooting range than what the average slug gun will do. down side is rate of fire but how many times do you actually get a legit shot on a running deer after the first shot

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    reason I mentioned that is that you get a much longer shooting range than what the average slug gun will do. down side is rate of fire but how many times do you actually get a legit shot on a running deer after the first shot

what would an average slug gun be? i know people who are shooting out 250-300 yards with 20 gauge slug guns and scary accurate at that.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

You only get one shot with a muzzleloader and that's all you need with any gun. And who even attempts to shoot at a running Deer anyway. That's both dangerous and stupid.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    what would an average slug gun be? i know people who are shooting out 250-300 yards with 20 gauge slug guns and scary accurate at that.

I have pushed my little Rossi 20 gauge to 150 yards, but, never have I ever had a need to shoot beyond 50-60 yards. I know some guys who can sling a slug a few hundred yards, but, I can't recall ever shooting a Deer beyond 30-40 yards in my life. Never had to.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I have pushed my little Rossi 20 gauge to 150 yards, but, never have I ever had a need to shoot beyond 50-60 yards. I know some guys who can sling a slug a few hundred yards, but, I can't recall ever shooting a Deer beyond 30-40 yards in my life. Never had to.
    im good for 200 and I exercise that with extreme prejudice.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

My son's first deer was a 7 point (left browtine was broken, or it would have been a nice 8 pointer), taken on a soybean field.

The shot was taken with my Remington 870 slug gun, with (2-3/4") Winchester "Partition Gold" sabot rounds.
    The shot was 125-135 yards.
    The 385 grain slug hit just at the right shoulder and took out both lungs and the top of the heart.

Incredible shot. Incredible first deer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom