• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    In this case, I actually am asking for a friend. He does not (yet) participate in this forum. He is starting he process to apply for a wear and carry permit, but in the meantime, the questions are:

1. Can one legally carry in ones own place of business. I think the answer is generally yes, barring other restrictions as to location.

2. Is it legal then to transport the firearm to and from home to the business?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So will you're friend take answers from a gun forum for fact and not research the easily found answers himself?

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    So will you're friend take answers from a gun forum for fact and not research the easily found answers himself?

I want to point him in the right direction of where to find the answers. English is not his first language and I figured someone here has been down that path and would know where to find them.

Oh and by the way, it is your not you're.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I want to point him in the right direction of where to find the answers. English is not his first language and I figured someone here has been down that path and would know where to find them.

Oh and by the way, it is your not you're.
    It's Swype on a phone keyboard. I couldn't give a fvck less. I'm glad that you care though.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    The short answer to both is yes, assuming it's his business or he has the permission of the owner. As for transporting, it has to be unloaded unless your friend has his carry permit.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I am not a lawyer, but yes.

Before I had a permit I would do this, although I would just keep a firearm at the place of business in a safe, in a secure location, and when I got to work, holster up and get on with it. Although nothing wrong with transporting it there as long as it is being transported within the confines of Maryland law.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, and Yes .

However the exception in 4-203 is for the " premises " ie building and imeadate vicinity , and not necessarily the total business property .

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I did it for to long. The carrying back and forth got old so I just left in in the shop overnight. I also would leave it in the store if I ran next door for pizza. Pizza shop was in the same building, but not my business so no carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom