• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Well, I have been calling and calling to find "Blue Label" Glock dealer that might have a G43X MOS in stock but they are more scarce than hens teeth. I was also just informed that although the G43X is on the MD Handgun Roster the G43X MOS is not. Have I said how much I hate this state?

Question for the educated masses. Can "Joe Citizen" work with someone to get the G43X MOS on the roster or does this have to be a dealer and/or manufacturer? Or does anyone know if someone is working to get it "approved"?

Oh and Blue Label because I can, unless a regular stocking dealer has a "close enough" price.

As an aside I wish P-80 did the 43X and let me do my thing.... but no joy on that in the next several years.

Thanks folks.

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    Question for the educated masses. Can "Joe Citizen" work with someone to get the G43X MOS on the roster or does this have to be a dealer and/or manufacturer? Or does anyone know if someone is working to get it "approved"?

Wow.... Is this post timely... The G43X MOS is my first choice for my next handgun. I never thought to confirm that it is on the roster, because I "assumed". Guess I just learned a lesson here.....

The next proposed meeting 12/9/2020 and the petition submission closing date is 11/18/2020.

I'm, too, am very interested if "Joe Citizen" can submit the petition or if it has to be a dealer. If yes, does anyone have a sample of the form they could send me?

Most of the form seems pretty straight forward. But need to research: description (??? when manufacturer, model and model number are on the form), importer, technical specifications (guess I could just pull stuff off the website, additional information the petitioner believes would aid the Board in its deliberations (I would just mention just MOS option to a handgun currently on the roster).

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Wow.... Is this post timely... The G43X MOS is my first choice for my next handgun. I never thought to confirm that it is on the roster, because I "assumed". Guess I just learned a lesson here.....

The next proposed meeting 12/9/2020 and the petition submission closing date is 11/18/2020.

I'm, too, am very interested if "Joe Citizen" can submit the petition or if it has to be a dealer. If yes, does anyone have a sample of the form they could send me?

Most of the form seems pretty straight forward. But need to research: description (??? when manufacturer, model and model number are on the form), importer, technical specifications (guess I could just pull stuff off the website, additional information the petitioner believes would aid the Board in its deliberations (I would just mention just MOS option to a handgun currently on the roster).

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your interest. I'll keep researching and post to this thread and perhaps as a united front we can do something. If you find out anything please post here too.

And as a note, yeah.... the 43x may seem like a "spray and pray" to some. However, I have several MG's that I'll stack beside my dead body. This is for my need to carry in MD, and DC.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    OK, I'll be your huckleberry and bite. Your point is?

Isn't most every concealed carry designed firearm just that? No disrespect intended.
    99% of shooters want the next best thing to make them shoot better, when all they need to do is practice shooting better. Why do you think you need a red dot?

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    I picked a BL 43x MOS up from Hafers last month. They got it in the morning I made my calls looking for a regular BL 43x. I drove 1.5 hours there and it was a MOS. A little disappointed but bought it anyway. Haven’t been visited by any official yet.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    99% of shooters want the next best thing to make them shoot better, when all they need to do is practice shooting better. Why do you think you need a red dot?

Well... I never said I would add or mount a red dot. Shit. I have 25 guitars that cost between $500 and $25,000 dollars. Do I think that will make me a better player.... **** no. I'm an old man hack that likes to hit the target. I seriously doubt I'd EVER mount a red dot on a 43X MOS but I always like the option. In all honestly my current go to carry is a MAC 1911 Bob Cut that I have modified. I know some may thing that's a POS but it works for me and out to 25 meters I have a 5" group on rapid fire instinct shooing. Please don't "assume" that us old ****ers have no brain or common sense. My dick is small. I know it and accept it. It gave me 2 wonderful kids who are blowing my mind on how well they''re doing. When I jerk off, it makes me happy. Can't say anything more than that. Peace brother.

Oh, as a last comment... if you don't know me... don't assume.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    As an addendum.... I am not here to be a prick or **** with anyone. Mutual respect is paramount. I am so more than willing to get to know folks and help them in any way possible. I am no ****ing Robbin Hood, but I do know that I have something to offer. Will I just generally toss my offers out. Hell no. Why would I take that risk with anyone who would want to "f-uck" me over. I respect those who respect me and are willing to understand the extra scrutiny of our current environment. Will I ever break the law? Nope. Not at all. I am more then willing to help all others. Please understand that if you perceive that if I come off as a prick it's for self protection. I am all about the American Constitution and American dream. I am no rocket scientist. Just an average Joe.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Wow, never thought ppl would be judged here for what pistol they want to buy without even saying whether or not they put a RD on there or not. Like it or not, it's the future, it won't make you a better shooter, but it sure will make the good shooters faster. SMH Do you go shit on AR threads about RD recommendations?

Anyways, I've been looking and waiting for the 48 most or 43x mos as well.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I don't own any pistols with red dots but if I had occasion to buy more Glocks in the future, which I almost certainly will, they will be MOS models. Red dots are the future. I haven't bitten yet, and I definitely don't think I would bite on a gun as small as the 43x, but who knows. And if I don't want a red dot I'll just not put one on there but I like having the capability.

You're right though, right now they are hard to find. I had trouble enough finding a regular 43x in this climate.

They are great guns though. It has quickly become my favorite Glock other than my g21.

I am sure someone is working to get one on the roster. I didn't realize they weren't already.

Good luck.

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    I just received the following from MSP:

Good Afternoon,

I received your petition for the Glock 43X MOS. I am pleased to inform you that the firearm is already on the handgun roster and legal for sale. It appears the firearm is only engraved as 43X and N/A indicates all model numbers/variations are approved in 9 mm for Model 43X.

https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MSPBridgeClient/#/home
    GLOCK

43X______________________N/A______________________9 mm

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    I just received the following from MSP:

Good Afternoon,

I received your petition for the Glock 43X MOS. I am pleased to inform you that the firearm is already on the handgun roster and legal for sale. It appears the firearm is only engraved as 43X and N/A indicates all model numbers/variations are approved in 9 mm for Model 43X.

https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MSPBridgeClient/#/home
    GLOCK

43X______________________N/A______________________9 mm

i have yet to see one in MD..... sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads