• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a 1987 time frame first gen CZ75. This has a post/pinned front sight and not a dove tail like the B model.

Does anyone know a gunsmith that can install it? I know this is old school. Original one flew off the gun at the range while shooting and was lost. Have replacement sights from CZ, just need it installed.

CZ75 Front End.jpg
    CZ75 Front Sight.jpg

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Walt frear, aka triggerdoc. South Frederick county.

Ed harren is a rifle guy but if it is a drill and pin I'm sure he can do it.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Walt frear, aka triggerdoc. South Frederick county.

Ed harren is a rifle guy but if it is a drill and pin I'm sure he can do it.

Already checked with Walt. He actually lives a few doors down from me. It is too old school. I will try to post a pic later today. It is literally like the first generation of the gun and I bought it while stationed in Germany.

Saw somewhere where they used a 1911 front sight stake tool but, the tool had to be modified a bit to fit into the slide to do the staking.

The hole is already there. Just need the front sight staked back on.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    It’s a pretty easy job. Don’t bother with the 1911 jig. You need a jig to hold the slide and front sight. The jig can be made from aluminum, and just needs the contour of the top of the slide and a slot to keep the front sight still. Then you press the pin part of the sight with a punch in a hydraulic press to expand the pin and make it tight. Total time if you have a milling machine to make the jig, and a hydraulic press is about an hour. For a decent gunsmith, that’s a pretty steep bill for an easy job.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    It’s a pretty easy job. Don’t bother with the 1911 jig. You need a jig to hold the slide and front sight. The jig can be made from aluminum, and just needs the contour of the top of the slide and a slot to keep the front sight still. Then you press the pin part of the sight with a punch in a hydraulic press to expand the pin and make it tight. Total time if you have a milling machine to make the jig, and a hydraulic press is about an hour. For a decent gunsmith, that’s a pretty steep bill for an easy job.

Sounds like it. Might contact CZ-USA and see if I can send it somewhere to get it done. Just not wanting to get it "lost in the mail" and have an incomplete gun.

RockyTheDog

Sep 5, 2011
    Send an email to Cajun Gunworks ,https://cajungunworks.com/. I had the same problem with an Israeli police tradein CZ85 made in 1986. There is very little metal above the bushing at the muzzle end of the slide. He milled a transverse dovetail and fitted a sight for me. It looks good and works great. It took about 4 weeks and cost about $85 including the cost of the new sight as I recall.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Send an email to Cajun Gunworks ,https://cajungunworks.com/. I had the same problem with an Israeli police tradein CZ85 made in 1986. There is very little metal above the bushing at the muzzle end of the slide. He milled a transverse dovetail and fitted a sight for me. It looks good and works great. It took about 4 weeks and cost about $85 including the cost of the new sight as I recall.

Thanks, will keep that in mind. I have a CZ85 as well from that time. I am trying to keep the gun as original as possible. If I cannot get it done I will ping them.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My brief research on this problem also leads me to think that the CGW route is going to be the least painful road.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Maybe a little dab of Acraglas from Brownells? Or some other adhesive? Not the "correct" solution but you wouldn't have to ship it off. I'd also consider soldering it, if the post is a tight fit in the slide.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Maybe a little dab of Acraglas from Brownells? Or some other adhesive? Not the "correct" solution but you wouldn't have to ship it off. I'd also consider soldering it, if the post is a tight fit in the slide.

Solder was going to be my suggestion if it’s a relatively tight fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom