• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One of my friends got a call about one of his “stolen” firearms being recovered. He had sold it to a guy who subsequently sold it to someone else. He insisted the gun wasn’t his. The trooper asked if he still wanted it back. SMH

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    One of my friends got a call about one of his “stolen” firearms being recovered. He had sold it to a guy who subsequently sold it to someone else. He insisted the gun wasn’t his. The trooper asked if he still wanted it back. SMH

It's a trap!

* To the humorless, that was a joke.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It is good to have a paper trail of your disposed of/sold firearms. When The BATFE reached out to me about an SKS I sold, it was comforting that I had a B.O.S. with the buyers info and signature.
    I don't want to be the last documented owner of a firearm gone awry. YMMV.

Oh...I don’t sell guns.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Only thing in my will is "banned firearms as defined by Maryland law go to so and so". And one alternate name.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    When my mom passed away and my sister and I discussed the estate with the attorney and we asked about appraising our mom's belongings and her jewelry specifically the attorney said "What jewelry?"

The same can be said for firearms. I do believe if they're already registered with MSP the above advice should be followed.

My thoughts exactly. :innocent0

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    And to think, I don't have to worry about any of that nonsense, because my dad sold me his whole collection, including handguns in a FTF transaction with bill of sales for everything.

Did I break the law?

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I'm not making any suggestions, but I will point out that the passing of firearms between family members represents the only real opportunity to get guns "off the government books". If more folks took the "What guns? Dad had guns?" approach, in a generation, the firearms databases would be fairly worthless.

BINGO! Winner, winner Chicken Dinner!

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    They really have no business keeping any records at all. Let them concentrate on keeping track of violent felons and leave our personal property out of it

Exactly! Let them confiscate and track and trace violent felons and BLM/Antifa thugs in Baltimore before they start tracking our guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom