Rodent Blaster - legal in MD and who to ask?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I want one of these to blow up the moles and groundhogs on my property. Propane and Oxygen underground BOOM - this being Maryland I can imagine all sorts of hoops to use one.

Anyone here know where to start?

https://rodentblaster.com/index

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I have a propane grill with propane tank. Our atmosphere has oxygen. Mix the two plus igniter, and one gets burned meat. The same concept will work for your groundhog problem.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I have a propane grill with propane tank. Our atmosphere has oxygen. Mix the two plus igniter, and one gets burned meat. The same concept will work for your groundhog problem.

But this would mix propane and oxygen more rapidly and dare I say explosively, allowing a pleasant bang to coincide with mole lungs being crushed and their little brains pulped. Dirt would also fly, to the delight of any "hold my beer" friends in attendance.

Rapid thermal expansion is the vehicle. Death is the goal. You can call me Carl.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Grape bubble gum. Just plant it in the tunnel.

Corn in a metal pie plate with some lye. Soak it. Plant it.

Whirl gig. Metal. Plant a grounding rod and put the whirly gig in top.

Lot less than $3k. Then again, retired folks don’t have that kind of budget.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Grape bubble gum. Just plant it in the tunnel.

Corn in a metal pie plate with some lye. Soak it. Plant it.

Whirl gig. Metal. Plant a grounding rod and put the whirly gig in top.

Lot less than $3k. Then again, retired folks don’t have that kind of budget.

But ... BOOM! Come on, that's a lot more fun!

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    But ... BOOM! Come on, that's a lot more fun!
    If you’re absolutely, positively determined to blast...find some damn M80s. Lots less money.

If you’re determined to spend money, on that, then go right ahead. $pend it up. In fact, if you are really keen on getting the best BANG for your buck, I’ll put you in touch with number one son. He’s a combat engineer with a masters degree in explosives engineering. I’m sure his consulting fee would $cratch your BIG BANG itch. I know you’d love the re$ult$.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    If you’re absolutely, positively determined to blast...find some damn M80s. Lots less money.

If you’re determined to spend money, on that, then go right ahead. $pend it up. In fact, if you are really keen on getting the best BANG for your buck, I’ll put you in touch with number one son. He’s a combat engineer with a masters degree in explosives engineering. I’m sure his consulting fee would $cratch your BIG BANG itch. I know you’d love the re$ult$.

The original question was can I do this in MD without a concern for the county's finest hauling me away. Maybe on Monday I can call an Ag Extension office.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

Illegal in Maryland.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    The spirit of the law of fireworks is basically if it leaves the ground OR goes "boom" it is bad. So the M80 as pointed out, is illegal.

Would oxygen/propane into the hole and ignited make "BOOOM" or a "boom"? Would the "boom" be noticeable by the neighbors? If it's far enough out they shouldn't care too much.

I'd recommend checking out the youtoobs for things like this 'gone wrong' for a clue on what not to do.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    FVCK, everything is illegal in MD.

If it tastes good, spit it out. If it’s fun and or feels good, quit it.

Simple.

Oh... not quite. :nono: Undocumented migrants "Illegals" are legal in Maryland.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The spirit of the law of fireworks is basically if it leaves the ground OR goes "boom" it is bad. So the M80 as pointed out, is illegal.

Would oxygen/propane into the hole and ignited make "BOOOM" or a "boom"? Would the "boom" be noticeable by the neighbors? If it's far enough out they shouldn't care too much.

I'd recommend checking out the youtoobs for things like this 'gone wrong' for a clue on what not to do.

The only concern I would have; is how close you are going to get to a buildings foundation; when employing subterrain "booms"...

OLSKOL59

Jun 24, 2018
    1 cup of gas in slightly holey plastic water bottle , toss down hole. Place roman candle under rock facing down hole, light & step away . No boom just whoosh & smoke.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    The only concern I would have; is how close you are going to get to a buildings foundation; when employing subterrain "booms"...

Enough acerage that it's not a problem. What I like about this approach is that it's more selective than just leaving poison out for other things to find that I really don't want to kill.

I figured since Maryland is the only state in the country where you can't own a flamethrower it's likely they wouldn't let me have one of these either.

I wish I lived in America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom