• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • george g.

Jan 11, 2009
    Edgemere
    Should I use a fieldpoint or expandable broadhead?I finally need to get rid of this pig before my puppy has a run in with him.

george g.

Jan 11, 2009
    Edgemere
    It's been here for years,tried the trap on multiple times.I didn't mind it with my old hound, but don't want it around my puppy.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I’ve shot them with Rage broadheads and it stops them cold. The one time i shot one with a fixed broadhead it didnt go as well as i planned :o

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Amazon sells the Generic Rage heads for about $1 a piece. I’ve shot several dozen deer with them. At that price they are disposable.

I was going to say this. There are CHEAP broadheads and expendables that NO WAY I'd hunt deer with at 30 yards but at 15, should be fine.

My first broadheads were cheap and spun off like a paintball at 25 yards or more. changed them and all was good in this world

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I was going to say this. There are CHEAP broadheads and expendables that NO WAY I'd hunt deer with at 30 yards but at 15, should be fine.

My first broadheads were cheap and spun off like a paintball at 25 yards or more. changed them and all was good in this world

My corn pile is 26 yards from my tree stand and i’ve lost count of exactly how many deer i have shot with $1 mechanical heads. They work great!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Take your pick...

First one was in a have-no-heart trap. Second was with a Shwacker expandable.

Attachments

• 20180723_181317.jpg
      20180723_181317.jpg
      139.8 KB · Views: 328
    • IMG_20160815_172601.jpg
      IMG_20160815_172601.jpg
      89.2 KB · Views: 319

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Kill it fast and hard if around the house or near the hole, so use the expandable. I shot one with a fixed BH right behind the shoulder 15 yards from the hole and it took the whole 30” arrow down the hole.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I recommend using pizza for bait...

Lol I saw that this this morning and was going to send it to some people but I didn’t want them asking me what I was doing watching videos of groundhogs eating pizza.
    It’s oddly fascinating.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    If the groundhogs are arming themselves with crossbows...we have some serious problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom