• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My definition of a nut is a person who would go to a school or nightclub or restaurant and kill people indiscriminately. Then there’s the nuts who are sociopaths and ruin countless people’s lives, they can go too

The average criminal killing or passed off husban or wife will never be controlled.

And yes there’s no one quick answer but the more school kids that are gunned down by nuts the worse it is for the 2a. I also believe everyone working in schools should be armed and trained to defend the kids, but that’s a different discussion.

You don't have to be a nut to do those things. I can think of a few mass shooting that were perpetrated by evil beings. There was nothing nutty about them.

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Hunterjjd, when I was in High School there was a great deal of access to guns. I had many friends that had rifles and shotguns sitting in their bedroom closet. Even so, mass shootings in schools was unheard of, even in high crime neighborhoods. This is not simply a matter of gun control.

totally agree. Remember getting on the school bus in the morning with the .22 rifle, the driver would make sure it was unloaded and then store it in the front until you got to school, which time he would hand it back to you and you would go to school and put it in the coat closet. After school you would get on your buddies bus to go to his house to go squirrel or rabbit hunting after school.

This was grade school in the 70's But back then teachers, other parents, bus drivers would be afraid to tie a knot in your tail for doing something wrong.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I would sacrifice every nut in this world if it would bring my cousin back. Mentally Ill sociopaths and psychos should not be allowed to walk among us

There is a reason why we don't let just go the latest person suffereing a loss decide what changes need to be made to laws.

Imagine if the families at Newtown were given the power to write the gun laws? Do you think they would stop at restricting the Adam Lanzas of the world from being able to buy guns?

Imagine if Walter Scott's family inherited the power to write the rules of engagement for all police stops?

It's no different than you, who now would toss away everyone who you think is too left-wing, or any woman who hits menopause?

Tread with caution, because before long, the one who inherits the tyrant's throne could decide it is you who is the nut, no longer worthy of life or freedom.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You don't have to be a nut to do those things. I can think of a few mass shooting that were perpetrated by evil beings. There was nothing nutty about them.

We can agree to disagree on that. Any person who plans and kills children is crazy. Sane people don’t do that. Terrorists that plan those things and plan on getting 72 virgins when they blow themselves up are crazy. Sane people don’t do that.

There are evil people in this world but there’s a difference in evil and crazy

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    We can agree to disagree on that. Any person who plans and kills children is crazy. Sane people don’t do that. Terrorists that plan those things and plan on getting 72 virgins when they blow themselves up are crazy. Sane people don’t do that.

Not always.

Sometimes they overlap/intersect.

That's bad.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

But see, now you're qualifying your definition of crazy/nuts. This is where we have our concerns. Others could quantify a person with more than 100 rounds of ammo as nuts. Where would that leave us all?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    There is a reason why we don't let just go the latest person suffereing a loss decide what changes need to be made to laws.

Imagine if the families at Newtown were given the power to write the gun laws? Do you think they would stop at restricting the Adam Lanzas of the world from being able to buy guns?

Imagine if Walter Scott's family inherited the power to write the rules of engagement for all police stops?

It's no different than you, who now would toss away everyone who you think is too left-wing, or any woman who hits menopause?

Tread with caution, because before long, the one who inherits the tyrant's throne could decide it is you who is the nut, no longer worthy of life or freedom.

If I ever went nuts and decided to kill school children I hope and pray that someone would kill me before I could do such a thing.

Maybe y’all are right, dead children piled up is fine as long as we don’t call someone a nut or put them away for being one. We wouldn’t want to hurt someone’s feelings, oh my....

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    But see, now you're qualifying your definition of crazy/nuts. This is where we have our concerns. Others could quantify a person with more than 100 rounds of ammo as nuts. Where would that leave us all?

The 25000 rounds sitting behind me hasn’t ever thought of killing children. The others you speak of have a weak constitution and probably shyte themselves when they hear load noises. So apples and oranges IMO

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    If I ever went nuts and decided to kill school children I hope and pray that someone would kill me before I could do such a thing.

Maybe y’all are right, dead children piled up is fine as long as we don’t call someone a nut or put them away for being one. We wouldn’t want to hurt someone’s feelings, oh my....

A very black and white veiw of a very gray area. In this outlook we should kill all tigers,lions,bears,sharks,poisonous snakes,ect. Anything can kill people. Seatbelts kill people. Life is fragile and dangerous. If you don't want piles of dead people you meet force with force as soon as the offender shows their intentions. Sorry for your loss but sometimes people die and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. If liberal politicians had their utopia we would ALL run out of clean water and starve to death from over population.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    My cousin didn’t die of gun violence

He was killed by a nut with a gun

Big difference

Fair point. And I'm sorry for your loss.

My definition of a nut is a person who would go to a school or nightclub or restaurant and kill people indiscriminately. Then there’s the nuts who are sociopaths and ruin countless people’s lives, they can go too

Alright that's a definition I'll accept as a nut. My concern is still how they are identified before they commit a crime. And how do we not violate their rights if they haven't yet committed a crime? There are those on the other side are willing to violate our 2A rights because they lost a loved one because of a nut with a gun and they want to make sure it doesn't happen again. We shouldn't stoop that that same level and deny others the right to due process to protect our guns.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Do you know what is SOP in many jurisdictions when authorities learn that someone has a "stockpile" of 25000 rounds of ammunition?

Set up a one block perimeter. Evacuate all homes within the perimeter. Nut job gun nut is involuntarily commited for psych eval. Bomb squad clears house. All guns are confiscated. Gun nut is prosecuted for "bomb making materials. "

Majority of Americans would agree common sense says anyone with 25000 rounds is an immediate threat to the community. That's just common sense.

By the way, I think I have more ammo than you.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

This is nuts.

Please turn yourself in to the nearest permanent detention/disposal facility.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Animals kill to eat

I hate seatbelts but some say they save lives, meh idc

And yep meet force with force, when someone is found to be that type but, get rid of them, so on that we agree.

And liberals would have most babies killed by abortion if they have their way, so no no overpopulation but we would starve to death from regulations on farming. Especially since they think meat comes from the store.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Do you know what is SOP in many jurisdictions when authorities learn that someone has a "stockpile" of 25000 rounds of ammunition?

Set up a one block perimeter. Evacuate all homes within the perimeter. Nut job gun nut is involuntarily commited for psych eval. Bomb squad clears house. All guns are confiscated. Gun nut is prosecuted for "bomb making materials. "

Majority of Americans would agree common sense says anyone with 25000 rounds is an immediate threat to the community. That's just common sense.

By the way, I think I have more ammo than you.

Those jurisdictions are violating people’s rights

And that’s just one pile of ammo and the real stockpile is in America, lol or at the bottom of the bay

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    That's not a stockpile of ammo. It's an investment account that can be converted to cash or bartered for goods if the economy takes a major dump. The most valuable and tradable commodity in the post-apocyleptic world in One Second After? .22 ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom