• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Amazon has the Snow Joe Ultra SJ623E 18-Inch 15-Amp Electric Snow Thrower with Light on sale for $139.99 with free shipping. It has good reviews.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FV5R2C

The big advantage to electric garden tools is you can store them in the basement during the off months and at 30 lbs you can lug them up and down stairs if need be. You won't be able to get anywhere near this price point once the snow hits in a few months.

FWIW, I have an incredibly heavy Craftsman 24 inch gas snow blower with power steering and reverse that I paid almost 10x more than this. If I was still shoveling by hand, I would buy this.

c978d172-f2dc-4bfe-bc40-2b1dc5aa275c.jpg._CB285175149__SR285,285_.jpg

Last edited:

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Amazon has the Snow Joe Ultra SJ623E 18-Inch 15-Amp Electric Snow Thrower with Light on sale for $139.99 with free shipping. It has good reviews.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FV5R2C

The big advantage to electric garden tools is you can store them in the basement during the off months and at 30 lbs you can lug them up and down stairs if need be. You won't be able to get anywhere near this price point once the snow hits in a few months.

FWIW, I have an incredibly heavy Craftsman 24 inch gas snow blower with power steering and reverse that I paid almost 10x more than this. If I was still shoveling by hand, I would buy this.

c978d172-f2dc-4bfe-bc40-2b1dc5aa275c.jpg._CB285175149__SR285,285_.jpg

I hate that Amazon now has to charge MD state tax BassTurds

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I have a SunJoe (their non-winter tool line) electric pressure washer. It does not scream heavy duty but it sure works well, the price was great and the product line is well known allowing for a lot of support if anything should go south.

I may get one of these.

Idea with a blower is to keep after things, right? Not wait for three feet to dump. Go out every few hours attack a few inches of snow at a time...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Did Home Depot with their 12/3 100ft cord online with store pickup
    $100 on gift cards helped.

Thanks!
    Cool. I wouldn't have looked if the OP hadn't kindly alerted us of the sale at Amazon. I'm tempted to check it out at Home Depot.

I have a similarly sized Toro electric. However it doesn't have a metal blade, may have a weaker engine, and is practically never used as it doesn't cut through heavy snow well. Just wondering if this Snow Joe would be more effective or occupy space in the garage like the Toro.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

May 13, 2005
    There's a reason no one in Minnesota has an electric snow blower. Just Sayin' ;)

Seriously, though, these are okay for a couple inches of fluff, but after growing up in MN, I couldn't stray from a gas one for anything relating to slush, ice or more than a few inches of snow.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I bought this same brand and looks to be same or similar model about 4 years ago on sale I the summer for right around 100 bucks. I have been pleasantly surprised at its performance. I have used it in the couple bad storms we have had in the past two winters and it worked well, it took two layers in the biggest storm but it was much better than shoveling. I didn't have a huge driveway but just recently moved so I will see how it goes with the bigger driveway and side walk. For the price its worth it if you don't need the big gas one.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    Of course once you buy one, it will never snow again in your lifetime.

Did you buy one ?

I just ordered one. So when it doesn't snow this year.... You're welcome!

No, it just means it builds the snow up for one giant drop of frozen hell. I bought a snowblower last year. No snow until Jonas dumped 2+ feet on us. Nothing after that. I was glad for snowblower then.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I purchased one after seeing the Lawn Care Nut on Youtube give a thumbs up to the smaller SJ620.

All in and shipped to my home for the end of the week at $139.

OCTOBERHD is $10 off $100 @ HomeDepot.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Have an electric blower and the cord is a PITA and an electric shock hazard. Bought a used gas blower a few weeks ago and it'll be delivered soon. The electric, however, is good up to 6-8" of snow, but beyond that it has to be broken down in order for the machine to chew it up and spit it out.

Lew--Ranger63

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Have an electric blower and the cord is a PITA and an electric shock hazard. Bought a used gas blower a few weeks ago and it'll be delivered soon. The electric, however, is good up to 6-8" of snow, but beyond that it has to be broken down in order for the machine to chew it up and spit it out.

Lew--Ranger63

Electric.

Light weight.

Quiet (I like to hit the snow as it comes down when shovelling. I intend the same approach here. Nice and quiet.)

Able to complete most jobs it seems from owner reviews with the obvious understood limitations.

Can hang on a wall or stash away for the off season.

Practically zero maintenance.

This item is very inexpensive.

Cord? It is not so bad. Folks have been mowing lawns, weedwacking, blowing debris, vacuuming for many years with a cord attached.

Shock hazard? I think plugging into a GFCI is good sense. This isn't a toaster in the bathtub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom