• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Swinkour,

You have 1778. Do you realize what that means?

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    I also got mine yesterday.........but it expired back on Oct 4 2016......strange I thought...
    Guess I need to send more $$..for renewal?
    R

edit: just checked in on the MSI web site...it says expiration date is Oct 7 2017...
    Hmmmm, site and Card not on the same page.....

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    no. what does it mean?

1778 is the year of the Virginia Ratifying Convention. Anytime a gun control person debates me what the meaning of a "well regulated militia" is, I explain the co-author of the 2nd amendment, George Mason, defined it in his speech at the Virginia Ratifying Convention. On June 14, 1778, as explained in the Federalist Papers, George Mason is quoted in his speech as saying, "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

I wish that jackass Supreme Court Justice Beyer, who thinks "militia" applies only to the National Guard, would read the Federalist Papers. It is clear what George Mason's intent was in his speech.

You have the best member number.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    What are the new membership choices? Executive and Life. They weren't available when I joined. Obviously, I know what a life member is but I thought Executive members were the elected members. I didn't think you could pay your way to being an executive.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    you can apply for executive level membership without being elected.

Attachments

• msi.jpg
      msi.jpg
      51.5 KB · Views: 202

Fd3stt

Sep 1, 2016
    Baltimore, Maryland
    1778 is the year of the Virginia Ratifying Convention. Anytime a gun control person debates me what the meaning of a "well regulated militia" is, I explain the co-author of the 2nd amendment, George Mason, defined it in his speech at the Virginia Ratifying Convention. On June 14, 1778, as explained in the Federalist Papers, George Mason is quoted in his speech as saying, "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

I wish that jackass Supreme Court Justice Beyer, who thinks "militia" applies only to the National Guard, would read the Federalist Papers. It is clear what George Mason's intent was in his speech.

Great bit of history there.

I'm an avid audio book guy (long commute) and the next book I have on deck is an analysis of the federalist papers. I forget the name of the book... It will be interesting to see if and how Mason's speech will be covered.

Still have to get through the 40 hours of American history though. ☺

I was surprised to find a membership card from MSI in the mail the other day, but it did put a small smile on my face for a brief moment before reality smacked me back to life.

John

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

now I feel like Church Lady.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I can't swear to always, but executive has been around a long time. The meaning of it has changed, gradually at first, and very substantially at the recent voting meeting.

The new-ish catagory is Sustaining . When introduced, it essentially was a finiancial commitment the same as Executive, but without the vetting process or duties of Executive. At present, they are pretty much the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom