• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Nothing special, but my entrance into the AR world......

BCA AR in 7.62x39. 30rd mag pinned to 10rds, heavy barrel, 20rd mags on the way (to the PA location), Wolff hammer springs and extended FP ordered. Been an AK guy for years, so we'll see how I do with an AR. Plan to get 5.56 stuff later as money gets saved up. Chose the 7.62 because I have no 5.56, but a decent amount of 7.62. Figured it'd be more cost effective now to buy the 7.62, they work my way gradually to 5.56, acquiring ammo, mags, upper, etc. This I can shoot right out of the box.

Attachments

• AR1.jpg
      AR1.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 868

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    tumblr_ofnw7yQpLo1ruzkd6o1_1280.jpg

Delton upper with YHM handguard, Anderson lower, MA Parts CAR stock, buttpad, Ambi charging handle, Magpul pistol grip and stubby foregrip, BLACKHAWK! light mount with light, and PA 3x Prism optic.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    cool thanks - Nice looking rifle

Which scope is that?

Primary Arms 3x Prism Optic:
    http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...3x-acss-5-56?gclid=CLrZv8Ly-M8CFccehgodzcIGeA

I have red dots, but dont like them because the dots look like smudges and are never crisp because my eyes suck. The prismatic optic allows me to focus the etched reticle to my eye, and illuminates as well.
    I picked this over the other prism scopes because of the reticle. The other ones on the market all have a boob style reticle where it's a dot surrounded by two circles. The ACSS reticle is a bit more versatile.

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    Nothing special, but my entrance into the AR world......

BCA AR in 7.62x39. 30rd mag pinned to 10rds.

Just curious! I haven't really understood the reasoning behind getting a 30rd mag pinned to something less. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a 30rd mag in another state and be done with it? Or even just get a 10rd mag? I'm always afraid I'll be stuffing ammo in and forget it's pinned, or grab a mag thinking it's got 30rds when really it's only got 10. Thanks for the insight ahead of time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    Just curious! I haven't really understood the reasoning behind getting a 30rd mag pinned to something less. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a 30rd mag in another state and be done with it? Or even just get a 10rd mag? I'm always afraid I'll be stuffing ammo in and forget it's pinned, or grab a mag thinking it's got 30rds when really it's only got 10. Thanks for the insight ahead of time!!

It's easier for mfg's to ship with 30 and the FFL pin the mag than have production of 2 different magazines for rifle packages.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Primary Arms 3x Prism Optic:

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...3x-acss-5-56?gclid=CLrZv8Ly-M8CFccehgodzcIGeA

I have red dots, but dont like them because the dots look like smudges and are never crisp because my eyes suck. The prismatic optic allows me to focus the etched reticle to my eye, and illuminates as well.

I picked this over the other prism scopes because of the reticle. The other ones on the market all have a boob style reticle where it's a dot surrounded by two circles. The ACSS reticle is a bit more versatile.

Very nice. You will have to post a range report, primary arms puts out a nice product and the ACSS has great reviews

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Picked this up on Friday at Engage. Looking forward to getting it to the range for a try-out. 18 inch barrel with a rifle length handguard. Actual gas block is under the handguard. What can I say, I'm an old school back to basics kind of guy.

NewAR.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    Very nice. You will have to post a range report, primary arms puts out a nice product and the ACSS has great reviews

Went to the range over the weekend. Once i got the optic zero'd i was holding acceptable groupings at 50 yards. Much better than shooting a red dot, but not as accurate as shooting a dedicated 3x9 scope. A good compromise if you're only looking to hit targets and not shoot sub-moa groupings.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Went to the range over the weekend. Once i got the optic zero'd i was holding acceptable groupings at 50 yards. Much better than shooting a red dot, but not as accurate as shooting a dedicated 3x9 scope. A good compromise if you're only looking to hit targets and not shoot sub-moa groupings.

Cool glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the report

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom