NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Off topic posts removed.

Tronski

May 27, 2012
    Lutherville md
    I am no expert by any means but I would say that your chances should be good/at least better then most of us. I would guess that maybe you would get -- to and from work, bank and while transporting the cash.... Just a guess though. Most owners have to supply bank deposits so thats why I said about the letter.

I did supply a years worth of monthly deposit information with the application. I'm hoping they view my situation as the business owner. All of my business is conducted by myself with no responsibility on the building owner or shop owner if you will. I know it's a bit outside the norm for most people and the way business works. I can only hope they see the need the way I see it. Thanks again for all your help. It is much appreciated to have others who are in the know to weigh in on my situation.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    So there's a slew of us that are crossing the 90 Business Day mark now; I just crossed it today. Any thoughts on what's happening?

ZeroGuard

Jul 22, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    If I have a Maryland Handgun permit for work that is restricted to work hours only, would I have to reapply for a unrestricted permit or is there another way to go about doing this. Coming from a combat arms background in the military and already having a Maryland Handgun Permit w/ restrictions should this assist me in the process of getting a unrestricted permit. If this has been posted already, I was unable to find it, my apologizes.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    If I have a Maryland Handgun permit for work that is restricted to work hours only, would I have to reapply for a unrestricted permit or is there another way to go about doing this. Coming from a combat arms background in the military and already having a Maryland Handgun Permit w/ restrictions should this assist me in the process of getting a unrestricted permit. If this has been posted already, I was unable to find it, my apologizes.

Discussed many of times,
    Re-apply after the stay is lifted. :thumbsup:

Ransom

South County
    Jul 21, 2012
    Maryland
    What the heck, I think I got gipped. I was under the impression that all interviews were done on site at the MSP HQ Licensing Division in Pikesville. Thats where I turned my app in, and where I did my interview while living in Annapolis. I dont know why they didn't do it in Glen Burnie.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Wondering if anyone has converted the PDF application into a WORD document?
    If so , could I get a copy?
    I printed the PDF, but thought it would be much easier to fill out in WORD then print and sign, after all it can be typed or black ink filled out.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    PAGE 12 is different.
    Only has room for 3 references (all that is required)
    New app has room for 4 plus blanks for cell phone and email address.
    PAGE 7 has the 2x2 pic requirement. only change I noticed there.

I would be happy to use the old form, I think asking for email address is getting a little to extreme.

I guess i'll just try and see what happens. I don't think I could be denied on not providing that. Heck not everyone has a cell or email address for that matter.
    Thoughts?

Last edited:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK maybe this was already covered but I am looking at the application and for Individual Applications on page 2 letter f) states Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses."

So how do you apply for a personal conceal carry if you do not need it for a business, not retired police officer, paramedic, etc...?

Dave

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    OK maybe this was already covered but I am looking at the application and for Individual Applications on page 2 letter f) states Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses."

So how do you apply for a personal conceal carry if you do not need it for a business, not retired police officer, paramedic, etc...?

Dave

Leave the G and S line blank........

go here!!!

http://marylandshallissue.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/MSI_APPLICATION_GUIDE.pdf

Last edited:

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    From my point of view if it is in question put it on there. Its no big deal if they look at it and say that you did not need that. If you don't put it on there they want to know why and think you may be trying to hide something from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom