Frostbite Shoot - Jan 27th, 2008 After Action Report!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    50BMG is nice, but its much more spectacular in belt fed form!

as for the gentlemen that ran this shoot, Norton, Spot, Don, and EVERYONE else that attended and did such a great job self policing that Evil Norton did not make an appearance, i can only say THANK YOU all. these events are proof positive that responsible citizens can and should be armed.

next time i'll have to bring a few more toys, i left most of the arsenal home this trip. come warmer weather some of the more fun guns may put in their appearance.

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    What a great day. Thanks to everyone for coming, and thanks for being such an excellent group of respectable, trustworthy, and safe people (yes, even Spot77 ;)) Shame on those in our government who think that we should not have the right to do what we did today. I think they should attend the next event.

Also, a huge thanks to everyone who chipped in to cover my MDShooters receiver. You have no idea how much that means to me. That will definitely be the hand-me-down to one of my sons to pass through the generations, and the fact that it was a gift from the group gives it that much more sentimental value. :beer:

It was good to meet so many of you, and to put faces to names. The next event can't come soon enough.

Next event 4 weeks from now? That's enough time to clean all the guns, and stock up on some more ammo. Got to find a bigger range though. And more neat guns for those who really like recoil....

corsica coatings, thank for letting me put some rounds through the silenced .22's

wow i had a great time i have never seen so much fire power at one place! thanks to dd214, norton ,spot77, for the safest range i have ever been on thanks to 3rd recon for the 9mm, jeep ,jim from corsica,for letting me try the suppressors ,coinboy for breaking my class 3 virginity and to every bodyi had a great time and cant wait to go to the next one.

Anytime guys, I enjoyed meeting you all.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Too bad that I had to miss it today, I thought it was going to be a good turnout and Yes, 85 People is alot..

Safety IS THE MOST IMPORTANT Part.

Keep posting those pix and all of that, I would like to see more people coming in the near future...

Now the fun is over ( for now)

We gotta step up and write to those people in Annapolis to fight for our cause ..

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    50BMG is nice, but its much more spectacular in belt fed form!

as for the gentlemen that ran this shoot, Norton, Spot, Don, and EVERYONE else that attended and did such a great job self policing that Evil Norton did not make an appearance, i can only say THANK YOU all. these events are proof positive that responsible citizens can and should be armed.

next time i'll have to bring a few more toys, i left most of the arsenal home this trip. come warmer weather some of the more fun guns may put in their appearance.

Belt fed 50 BMG full auto I can only wish in this state. And talk about ouch in the wallet. Does anyone make a 50BMG belt fed kit in semi-auto? Would like a 30 cal full auto, but I can't seem to find one at a reasonable price.

I really didn't take out most of my toys today. I just brought out the BIG guns.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Paige and I had a blast. Quite literally.

It was good meeting all the Hazzard County locals! We're gonna have to get together for a bite one night.

Maybe it's cause I'm a poor broke college kid, but I just have to say thank you to everyone who let me shoot their guns and didn't accept money for their ammo...

Paige LOVED the .460 revolver and she wants a big stainless revolver now LOL

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Just wanted to add my $.02. Thanks to DD214, Norton, Spot77 for putting on a great event. Also, thanks to Delmarva Sporting Clays for hosting the shoot! This was my first event with MD Shooters and it will definitely not be my last. Also wanted to say thanks to tzoid for letting me run a mag through one of the XCR's (I'm the guy with Punisher Skull lower).

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    Paige and I had a blast. Quite literally.

It was good meeting all the Hazzard County locals! We're gonna have to get together for a bite one night.

Maybe it's cause I'm a poor broke college kid, but I just have to say thank you to everyone who let me shoot their guns and didn't accept money for their ammo...

Paige LOVED the .460 revolver and she wants a big stainless revolver now LOL

Your welcome, the only ammo I charge for is 50 BMG (saving up for the semi auto), the rest to me, is well, if you gonna shoot, may as well let others shoot. That 460 isn't worth it, get her a 357 or 44 magnum, slap a scope or red dot on it. Good to go, and a lot cheaper. Though I do have another 460 short barrel, I'll sell it for the right price.

And for those who haven't shot a 460 vs. 500 S&W mag, the 460 is faster. And actually more powerfull.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Your welcome, the only ammo I charge for is 50 BMG (saving up for the semi auto), the rest to me, is well, if you gonna shoot, may as well let others shoot. That 460 isn't worth it, get her a 357 or 44 magnum, slap a scope or red dot on it. Good to go, and a lot cheaper. Though I do have another 460 short barrel, I'll sell it for the right price.

And for those who haven't shot a 460 vs. 500 S&W mag, the 460 is faster. And actually more powerfull.

Oh I wasn't gonna get her a .460 I was thinking either .44 or .357mag... Or if I get into reloading I could just get her a .45LC and load up some monsters :innocent0

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Just wanted to add my $.02. Thanks to DD214, Norton, Spot77 for putting on a great event. Also, thanks to Delmarva Sporting Clays for hosting the shoot! This was my first event with MD Shooters and it will definitely not be my last. Also wanted to say thanks to tzoid for letting me run a mag through one of the XCR's (I'm the guy with Punisher Skull lower).

Chris.. not a problem

I really liked the punisher skull logo on your AR.

I hope you don't mind if I borrow that idea ..:D

I have 2 Mega Lowers that are naked ...with plenty of room for some Art.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    More pics from today.

Attachments

• DSC08907 (Medium).JPG
      DSC08907 (Medium).JPG
      65.2 KB · Views: 340
    • DSC08914 (Medium).JPG
      DSC08914 (Medium).JPG
      101 KB · Views: 397
    • DSC08917 (Medium).JPG
      DSC08917 (Medium).JPG
      76.6 KB · Views: 341
    • DSC08920 (Medium).JPG
      DSC08920 (Medium).JPG
      77.6 KB · Views: 338

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    the .460 is a MEAN round. i dont need it, or i'd get one. my friend (and primary gun supplier) Richard calls me "the collector of fine .22s" since so many of my weapons are .224 diameter bores. i usually go for small, fast bullets (like my .22-250) but recently he got me interested in a .444 Marlin Outfillter that just happened to come into the shop. i consequently bought it before he even could put a price tag on it. it is my sole "big bore" gun and even though ammo for it is EXPENSIVE!!! i'll probably bring it out to the next shoot. i'm gonna throw this spare simmons scope i've got on top of it with a set of IronSighter mounts and it will become my brush gun.

my AR and other "varmint" weapons, as previously mentioned, skipped this trip, but will make the next one. as for anything bigger, when someone shows me a game animal in maryland that i CAN'T kill with a .444, i'll just have to upgrade!

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Apparently someone dodged a bullet...literally. Whatever this was must have ricocheted off of one of the steel plates and landed in the bed of my truck. (Unless someone picked it up and put it there. Anyone?)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
      Untitled-1.jpg
      53.8 KB · Views: 567

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Apparently someone dodged a bullet...literally. Whatever this was must have ricocheted off of one of the steel plates and landed in the bed of my truck.

How could I forget.... Thanks a ton for letting me shoot the M&P45 DD! I definitely want to try the 9 when you get it! I think that's going to be my next handgun!

And Tzoid...Paige told me I need to buy an EOTech for my AR for her to shoot :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom