Frostbite Shoot - Jan 27th, 2008 After Action Report!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haha, me and 4g64loser are already done our cleaning :P

Getting myself comfy on the couch, getting ready to eat chili. But great shoot all around! I loved looking at the collections of guns.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    It was alot of fun. I will definitly go again. Thanks to everyone who let me shoot their guns. I only cleaned the guns i shot the corosive ammo in tonight I'll clean the rest latter.:-)

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Great time today. Got to put faces to names of a whole bunch of members I had not met yet. Also enjoyed firing up the Garand for the first time ... God of love the "ping". Anyway, already looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Spot, Norton and DD for all the work you guys do to put these things together!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Hi guys!

Thanks to Redneck and Simon for letting me hang out and share a bench. I'm glad you enjoyed the visit with WWII.

Thanks to 3rdRecon for letting me try his M1a, and to the gentleman with the Troy(?) M1a I tried and the other gentleman with the nice camo FAL I got to shoot. Thanks Spott for the use of the P-22 and Thanks to Ed Shell for the lessons on the M1a.

I'd thank Canuck(? I think) for letting me shoot that 1 oz .357 snubby but my hands are still tingling.....

Most of all, thanks to the guys who organized this and ran the Range- DD214, Norton, Spot, and everyone I forgot.

I had a bunch of great conversations and look forward to doing this again. It was great to put names to faces.

I need to clean the Mauser, and probably the handguns but that's it for tonight!

Dave

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    We had loads of fun. Many thanks to DD214, Spot and Norton for putting everything together. So far I haven't been home yet, but don't really have that much to clean. I hope the big turnout is a good sign of things to come in annapolis this session. It was nice to see everybody again, and I can't wait until the next one.

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    Thanks to all who planned/ran/organized this event!! I think I had more fun drooling over everyone elses guns than shooting my own. Although shooting that Barrett was awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup: I didn't know anyone and its kinda hard to strike up conversations with ear plugs in... so I lurked in the background alot.... I still had a blast, looking forward to getting to know you guys some more at the next shoot!!

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    Back at the comp after getting home, unloading stuff, and showering. Definitely a great way to end winter break.

A big thanks to everyone that let me shoot their guns or shared information about their's, makes the AR build down the line easier to visualize.

Shooting an M1A, a Garand, and a M1 carbine in quick succession was a neat experience, like meeting 3 generations of a family. Definitely loved the WWII era stuff drmsparks brought, history's always been a favorite subject of mine.

Looking forward to the next event!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    It was alot of fun. I will definitly go again. Thanks to everyone who let me shoot their guns. I only cleaned the guns i shot the corosive ammo in tonight I'll clean the rest latter.:-)
    Thanks for letting me shoot all that surplus 7.62x25 ammo metalman. Great being able to shoot stuff as hot as S&B.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    haha, me and 4g64loser are already done our cleaning :P

Getting myself comfy on the couch, getting ready to eat chili. But great shoot all around! I loved looking at the collections of guns.

Where the hell were you guys? I was looking for 2 younger people like myself and couldnt put names to faces.

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    Where the hell were you guys? I was looking for 2 younger people like myself and couldnt put names to faces.

I had the same problem, not everyone had name tags on and since I've never met anyone from the forums face to face it made it a little hard to track folks down :D

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I had alot of fun. Its tough for me to talk to people i dont know in person , but a few times i managed to force myself to be friendly and social. Thanks to all the staff that put this together, and thanks you all the shooters who have helped me add to my shopping list.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I'd like to add my thanks to Spot, Norton and DD for organizing today's get together. It's the first time I've been to one of these events - actually the first time I've been to a real range - so its safe to say I have an absolute blast!

See you all at the next event!
    Graham

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Even though we have never met eachother I was amazed how trusting of eachother we were. Drmsparks left his Garand and a few others on my bench with ammo and walked away. I was packing up and didnt want to just leave them on the ground so I found him and made sure he didnt want me to take them home. 3rdRecon did the same thing gave me 2 guns, mags, showed me how they worked, and walked away. Never in my life would I be comfortable anywhere leaving my guns to someone else, but today I had no worries. Im glad theres some trust left in people today. I cant imagine what our day would have been like if everyone was uptight, stingy, and greedy.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Even though we have never met eachother I was amazed how trusting of eachother we were. Drmsparks left his Garand and a few others on my bench with ammo and walked away. I was packing up and didnt want to just leave them on the ground so I found him and made sure he didnt want me to take them home. 3rdRecon did the same thing gave me 2 guns, mags, showed me how they worked, and walked away. Never in my life would I be comfortable anywhere leaving my guns to someone else, but today I had no worries. Im glad theres some trust left in people today. I cant imagine what our day would have been like if everyone was uptight, stingy, and greedy.

Which is why I attend these events. There are some damn good people here.

I shouldn't leave the rifles I do laying around, but I feel totally safe doing so at these shoots. Everyone is there with a common goal, to have a good time.

I've gotten to know a few of the guys that are in my area pretty good, and I look foward to getting to know a few others in the area. It's always good to know where like minded people are in the event of an emergency :D

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    frost bite shoot

pics

Attachments

• 100_1479.jpg
      100_1479.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 366
    • 100_1480.jpg
      100_1480.jpg
      100.7 KB · Views: 370
    • 100_1520.jpg
      100_1520.jpg
      74 KB · Views: 787
    • 100_1538.jpg
      100_1538.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 364

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    more

Attachments

• 100_1539.jpg
      100_1539.jpg
      104.4 KB · Views: 361
    • 100_1548.jpg
      100_1548.jpg
      149.4 KB · Views: 571
    • 100_1549.jpg
      100_1549.jpg
      149.4 KB · Views: 362
    • 100_1550.jpg
      100_1550.jpg
      177.9 KB · Views: 361

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    more

Attachments

• 100_1551.jpg
      100_1551.jpg
      205.4 KB · Views: 537
    • 100_1553.jpg
      100_1553.jpg
      170.5 KB · Views: 356
    • 100_1554.jpg
      100_1554.jpg
      169.9 KB · Views: 350
    • 100_1555.jpg
      100_1555.jpg
      190.4 KB · Views: 354

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    more

Attachments

• 100_1556.jpg
      100_1556.jpg
      164.2 KB · Views: 353
    • 100_1559.jpg
      100_1559.jpg
      140.4 KB · Views: 353
    • 100_1560.jpg
      100_1560.jpg
      160.9 KB · Views: 352
    • 100_1561.jpg
      100_1561.jpg
      127.9 KB · Views: 344

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Another thanks here for Norton, DD, & Spot. Very well organized. What a fantastic day. Finally was able to put some rounds through the 6.8. Only bad part was sitting next to the Barrett and having my stomach turned upside down every time by the concusion of the blowback. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom