Votes: 36 12.9%
    • Me, myself, and my assistant I

Votes: 81 28.9%
    • Somebody else (who?)

Votes: 14 5.0%

• Total voters

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    My extremely patient and skilled brother is attempting to teach his big sister how to handle both a shotgun and handguns.

Gino z32

that car guy
    May 17, 2011
    Bennsville, MD
    i started out shooting in my early teens (14 or so) with BB guns and airsoft guns....when I stepped up to real firearms I pretty much taught myself using the fundamentals and basics that I learned with BB guns and the like.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dad tough me the basics sometime after tying my shoe, but before riding bicycle or starting a fire. A lifelong shooter , he was steeped in Keith Keith and Wheelen. In my formative years further study of Keith and Jordan, and self practice continued.

LFI I tought me exponentially more about how to teach than all my NRA Instructor courses combined. (One of those did drill me into then current FLETC Doctrine, but the actual instructional technique was "moderate" ).

The various training from various employers tought me a lot ....about keeping a poker face .

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Father started teaching me at 7 years old. He is Special Forces 1st of the 7th. Ret. 28 years of service.
    He was able to teach me a little. Still trying to drag him out to finish the job.
    tough old bird will be 70 in august.

Rob-s

Nov 19, 2011
    Silver Spring
    Try calling "Engage Armament" (Kensington, Maryland) and take their Handgun Course. It is taught by a former Marine Handgun Instructor. Talk with AJ Wynne of EA. He is offering the course this weekend. and every month. The course is all day, BUT It is well worth the time and effort. Be safe, learn the right way. But, most of all enjoy. I'm new to the hobby too and took the course last month.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    A Jesuite Priest camp counseler at a summer camp back in the 70s. They had a rifle range with 22 bolt actions. All of my free time was spent there. Then the correct way to shoot a pistol was by a couple of older gentleman that were shooting IDPA in Bridgeville years later. Now I am teaching my kids the right way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom