• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Who is saying that 2A is for crotchety old white men? I missed that post.

No one on this forum is saying that.

I'm saying that Progs in the media, social media. They always seem to paint law abiding gun owners as exclusively white, male, older and racist.

In my opinion, it is extremely important to debunk that image if we want to rescue the 2A.

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    There can be no excuse for endangering the forum, which is absolutely necessary for the preservation of gun ownership and the 2A, let alone our sanity. If you have dark thoughts, tell them to a trusted spiritual or mental health advisor.

eagledriver

Jan 13, 2013
    Mt Airy, South sorta
    I'm going to say another thing truly controversial:
    Get a 100 pocket copies of the US Constitution and, after signing and reading your own copy, hand one out to anyone that doesn't seem to know the benefits of such knowledge.
    Just a suggestion I find useful from time to time.

nezumi

Dec 4, 2007
    No one on this forum is saying that.

I'm saying that Progs in the media, social media. They always seem to paint law abiding gun owners as exclusively white, male, older and racist.

In my opinion, it is extremely important to debunk that image if we want to rescue the 2A.

Stirring the pot a little, that means being open not only to people of different cultures, but also different political beliefs. 2020 introduced a lot of people to what we already knew; when trouble is at your door, the police are fifteen minutes away. I've seen a lot of left-leaning friends start looking into firearms. As long as they're using them RIGHT, this is the best thing we could ask for for 2A (especially in Maryland).

I've been here a minute and the forum is on the whole very welcoming especially to new folks, but we do have our grouches. We have a real opportunity to educate. Once people get over the fear response, good sense usually wins out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom