• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I’m looking at having an AR 15 custom built by my local gunsmith for my sons birthday. He is an avid hunter and loves to shoot. My thought on building custom is that it is warranted for the life of the gun for accuracy and reliability by the gunsmith. Plus my son will have someone who can work on his gun for upgrades for the future if he chooses.

We are looking at approximately $1200 for the build. I know that you can buy a lot of AR and accessories for that kinda money but I like doing business locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I appreciate all the responses. I will contact Engage and see what we can come up with. I am also in contact with chad at RWB innovations in Oakland, MD. Being a garrett county resident, I want to give him a shot and see what he can put together as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    FWIW , Precision is just south of Hagerstown, so splitting the distance for you.

are they the ones that are usually or always at the chantilly show (there is one this weekend)? good chance to see them and see what else is available, though i'd guess some or most of the AR's there aren't legal in MD.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you buy the parts you can both attend one of my build classes for the price of one admission. He will build the gun and you can assist, observe, or take pics. Your call.

I'm not sure how old he is, but I have taught 8 year olds with their fathers before.

Can't get much more sentimental than a gift you both assembled together.

I have 2 classes in februray 2018 for AR Builds.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Another vote for Clandestine’s class. If this is your son’s 1st AR , You can bet it won’t be last. The knowledge he will learn will last a lifetime ! I’ve built 4 since I’ve taken his class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you buy the parts you can both attend one of my build classes for the price of one admission. He will build the gun and you can assist, observe, or take pics. Your call.

I'm not sure how old he is, but I have taught 8 year olds with their fathers before.

Can't get much more sentimental than a gift you both assembled together.

I have 2 classes in februray 2018 for AR Builds.

Definitely this.

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Both. He hunts with a .223 now and he would use it for deer hunting and also to target shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hands down lwrc I borrowed one at the fort meade sniper competition this year by far the best ar 15 I have ever shot !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom