• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I think my uncle got one of those when I was around 10. It couldnt hold minute of trashcan at 15 yards!

both barrels on mine 9 and 7.62x25 are pretty dang accurate to POA and POI..
    No complaints and the x25 round is a SCREAMER..

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    • Terrible trigger break
    • Cheap internals
    • Rust specks on slide (early issue)
    • Sights canted from the factory

It's the only handgun I've ever sold. Except for the machining of the slide, over all the gun seemed very cheaply made.

To S&W's credit they did replace the slide and fix the sights without much fuss.

Interesting. I normally hear good things about the M&Ps but that really backs up the good advice on this board - try one before you buy if possible.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    hk usc. trigger absolutely sucked, even after sending it back to hk. but at the end of the day, shooting a pretty small cartridge out of a pretty big gun didn't have all that much appeal. that and only 10 round mags.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    i started with .22lr i was thinking about a .22wmr..
    but for longer distance varmint i was under the impression .17hmr was bees neess

Buddy of mine took his Marlin .17hmr out last weekend. First pic 50 yards. Second pic 100 yards. Not sure what ammo or scope he was using.

Attachments

• 50yds_17hmr.jpg
      50yds_17hmr.jpg
      25.5 KB · Views: 581
    • 100yds_17hmr.jpg
      100yds_17hmr.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 565

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Can yhou be more specific about your reasons, please? I've been considering getting into .17 HMR and would like as much input (opinions) as I can get before investing the dinero...

The .17 hmr is a high precision round designed for long range shooting. It is not a cheap round and not one designed for spamming or shooting from the shoulder. Leverguns are designed for shooting quickly and from the shoulder. You do the math.

There is nothing wrong with the 17hmr cartridge, but it is a round for a bolt-gun.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Both of my Mosin Nagants. They are fun, but I can't hit anything with them. No wonder they come with bayonets.
    I got a CMP M1 and ever since then, the Mosin cool factor has plummeted. The Garand is just dead sexy.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Taurus 357 mag. I don’t even remember the model number. That POS revolver would actually jam and the cylinder wouldn’t spin. The real kick in the nuts is that it would occasionally jam with a cylinder full of live ammo. Talk about nerve racking drive home from the range! I bought it at Hendershot’s and they were very good about the whole issue. They sent it back to Taurus and I picked up a SP 101 instead

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Both of my Mosin Nagants. They are fun, but I can't hit anything with them. No wonder they come with bayonets.
    I got a CMP M1 and ever since then, the Mosin cool factor has plummeted. The Garand is just dead sexy.

Not only are they sexy they are actually pretty darn accurate.

If you need a sexy bolt.... Got 1903A3 :thumbsup:

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County

the mosin will BE cool again..
    new stock comming out with a good Scope mount and glass.. ill be having a BLAST.. and still cheap to shoot
    Mosin3_zps3ccbc879.jpg

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    It will never have the ping though! :party29:

im in love with that stock.. i tried throwing money at the screen but no luck wont be released for order/sale till end of month prolly beginning of april they claimed end of march though

i has removable MAG's!!!!! comes with a 5 you can get 10 rounders stock around 200 and 10round mags 25 a piece..

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Remington 770 in .30-06. The bolt was looser than a pencil in a pint glass, as you cycled the bolt. The mags were not easy to release or use. I was happy when I got rid of it. Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking when I got it. Maybe I was hoping it would be like the Remington 788...

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    My first semi-auto pistol was a S&W Sigma 40VE (Gen2). Rugged as all hell, never once jammed, FTF/FTE, or stovepipe... and I ran close to 2K rounds through it. Unfortunately, I could not get accustomed to the trigger. Long and heavy, gritty... I wasn't very accurate with it at all, and because of that, never really enjoyed shooting it.

matt1

Feb 5, 2013
    anne arundel county md
    Remington 770 in .30-06. The bolt was looser than a pencil in a pint glass, as you cycled the bolt. The mags were not easy to release or use. I was happy when I got rid of it. Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking when I got it. Maybe I was hoping it would be like the Remington 788...
    yeah 770 for me too. Only gun ive ever sold. Was accurate at least but quality was just crap.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    yeah 770 for me too. Only gun ive ever sold. Was accurate at least but quality was just crap.

The 770 I am referencing is not the one I discussed in a previous thread.

The one I picked up wouldn't hold a zero worth a damn, even with a darn good scope. I was using factory ammo (multiple types) and getting 12 inch groups at 100 yards. I put the same ammo through the M77 MK II I have and I was seeing 2 inch groups all day long with any ammo I put through it.

I took it out about a week later, and all of a sudden the POI had shifted by 2 feet, up and to the right. I re-zero the rifle, then send a few more to verify the massive grouping at 100 yards. I take it out a few days later and the zero has wandered 5 feet straight down. I gave up on that rifle and ripped my scope off of it then sold it. Maybe somebody else can have better luck with it than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom