• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    Thought there was a lot of tin foil in our community (there is), but it's apparently widely spread.

The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence (Gabby's Group) has FOIA'd the ATF for details on any communications with the gun lobby. They're now going to courts to achieve this goal.

https://clearpolitics.news/anti-gun...by-giffords-files-lawsuitagainst-trump-admin/

Trump, the NRA and the ATF are in collusion. Has the gun lobby caused the perceived inaction by the ATF regarding bump stocks?

Complaint: http://democracyforward.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Giffords-v.-ATF-FOIA-complaint.as-filed.pdf

the extent to which the Washington gun lobby’s influence
    has caused ATF ... to oppose common sense gun-violence prevention
    measures.

The records Plaintiff seeks are of significant public importance. The policy
    choices made by the Trump Administration, as well as its public response to prominent instances
    of gun violence, mirrors closely, if not exactly, the views and communications strategies
    preferred and employed by the Washington gun lobby. It appears that the Administration is
    coordinating with, or taking direction from, the Washington gun lobby in responding to mass
    shootings

:sad20:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If the Left really gave a sh!t about the Left or helping others or doing right by society, they would take these millions spent on anti-gun lawsuits and spend them on smart inner city kids so they can go to college and make a good life for themselves.

But they won't. Cuz they can't mind their own f--cking business. Ever! They wake up every single day asking themselves.....How do we infringe on the Right and make them miserable?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    So they're trying to win a court case in which they say the government has not violated the constitution enough? This should be funny.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's just a ploy to get some free advertising. Their aim isn't to do some social justice thing any more; it's just to amass as much money and power as they can in as short a time as they can. Nothing more.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    It's just a ploy to get some free advertising. Their aim isn't to do some social justice thing any more; it's just to amass as much money and power as they can in as short a time as they can. Nothing more.

Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it. You just gotta carve out a niche, find lotsa gullible suckers and exploit 'em. The Clintons and Al Gore made millions using that formula.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013

This^^^^^
    I signed to receive emails from them to monitor there agenda. After a couple years of getting nothing but donation request for their latest dead line, I began to reply with offers to volunteer instead of making donations. Once or twice a month for about 9 month and not one reply to any email I sent them. As far as I can tell they are only looking money.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    The ATF looked at bump stocks and determined they have no legal authority under current laws to regulate them. ATF doesn't make laws.

But these morons think Trump told them not to regulate them? Funny thing is, they were approved under Obeezey not Trump.

Mr H

Banana'd
    OK... part of my brain just melted...

Tucker just had a NYC Councilman on.

Apparently, Muzzleloaders are the next bump-stock, and Giffords' group are going after them.

But it gets better...

The Councilman stated that there is a company 'jumping into a loophole' and 'developing a muzzle' that can 'get a silencer' and shoot a 50 caliber bullet, creating mass shootings.

Full marks for Tucker not ridiculing the Councilman out of the building. Well... he would have, had the Councilman realized he was being mocked...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    OK... part of my brain just melted...

Tucker just had a NYC Councilman on.

Apparently, Muzzleloaders are the next bump-stock, and Giffords' group are going after them.

But it gets better...

The Councilman stated that there is a company 'jumping into a loophole' and 'developing a muzzle' that can 'get a silencer' and shoot a 50 caliber bullet, creating mass shootings.

Full marks for Tucker not ridiculing the Councilman out of the building. Well... he would have, had the Councilman realized he was being mocked...

People like him are gaining influence and power. Never underestimate the ability of ignorant leaders to influence the even more ignorant masses.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    They are hypocrites...didnt her husband buy an AR-15 shortly after his wife got shot?

Yes, but when he went to pick up the rifle the shop owner, seeing it was a political stunt, did not sell it to him! ‘‘Twas a heart warming story. IIRC.

Since background checks are in the news lately this should be brought up to show how the system can work as it should. But fact check me on this first ...

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    People like him are gaining influence and power. Never underestimate the ability of ignorant leaders to influence the even more ignorant masses.

That segment was exasperating. A mass shooting with a muzzle loader - yeah, right. A silencer so no one can hear the shot - yeah, right. What an idiot. Tucker was right on about liberals that know nothing about firearms are the first to propose laws on firearms.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I find it a little strange that they've changed the name of their gun grab organization from "Americans for Responsible Solutions" to simply "Giffords."

It's a weird rebranding that I haven't been able to make sense of yet or figure out where they're going with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom