• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grant.Kehrer

Oct 27, 2017
    Good evening Folks,

Grant here, new to the forum and just got my feet wet with turkey hunting for the opening of the Fall season. Anyone out there interested in joining forces to take a fall bird? For this opening day I was not successful in locating them at all, no droppings, scratching or tracks. I am hunting public land and I went to Belle Grove WMA, Woodmont NRMA & Indian Springs WMA. Any suggestions? Should I keep moving around until I find signs of them or should I stick to one area. Any help from the masses would be awesome, and if you are rolling solo like me and want an extra pair of hands, let me know and maybe we can join forces :party29:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not interested, but try some of the Garrett Co state forests. They have pretty good populations and lots of space to wander around in.

Grant.Kehrer

Oct 27, 2017
    Thanks for the info! I have been hearing a lot about that area, but I am trying to avoid running two hours each day from Frederick.

Grant.Kehrer

Oct 27, 2017
    Have not turkey hunted for a few years but Indian Springs up off of Blairs Valley Road was always productive.

Madmantrapper,

Thanks so much, I was thinking the same thing. I saw a few Jake's up there in early June. I think I will stake that place out thoroughly. Have a great rest of the week and a good weekend.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom