• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    So you shoot a deer with a tok from 6 ft. It zips through not hitting any bones and heads to the next thing to go through. When does it stop? No one knows for sure but when would it lose it energy.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    What ammo you using? I can tell ya s&b ammo is a lot hotter than Ficcochi, wolf and Priv Partizan ammo(especially the older boxes of S&B). The ammo also does tumble during penetration and it's been shown to penetrate through solid objects like 357 magnum.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    It didn't mention the Cugir TT-C. That's what I have. It's a great gun.

Same here. Fun little gun, and it allowed me to exempt myself from the training requirement for the HQL so it saved me a few bucks in that department. I've heard Reeds ammo is really good for hunting. Note, it's illegal to hunt whitetail with that gun in this state as Whitetail handgun hunting requires atleast a 6 inch barrel and a 700 ft/ibs muzzle energy for legal hunting...so you have one of two options if you want to go hunting with it in MD...apply for the HQL with training exempt and buy something like a 44 magnum, 357 magnum or a 10mm long-slide for hunting whitetail with a handgun or, go hunt feral hogs which don't require a hunting license or a any type of barrel length. Unless you are able to track down a pps-43 then you might be able to use that.

The tokarev is a great gun but I am not sure that hunting with the thing is a good idea in md.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom