• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I have several of the guns being debated here, East German Mak in pristine condition (100% reliable and accurate), a CZ82, same condition, A Tok, and P64. As stated the 9x18 well placed rounds are nothing to sneeze at. The Reds killed plenty with them. My bedside gun is the CZ82 for some of the reasons stated, 12 rounds, good sights, good enough trigger, and 100% reliable after about 1200 rounds fired along with low recoil. That said the EG Mak is also a reliable (reliable as an AK), but the lower round count and mag release is the only drawback for me, but that's just me.
    Also as stated, well placed 9x18 trumps missed 44 Mags in HD.
    I also like the Bersa but do not own one.
    The AR has waay too much penetration for where I live.
    HD long gun in my home is a 20ga pump shotty. Again low recoil for follow-up shots and low penetration, except when it finds something soft.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I took my Texas LTC with a 1927 . I would use it for CCW but not home defense. Just like taking a trip across the country, would you rather ride in a 50 year old car or a brand new one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      83.7 KB · Views: 106

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I find it funny that a few folks have said one pistol is good enough to carry outside the house, but not good enough to carry at home. Seems backwards to me. Away from home it's all you have, at home it just has to be enough to get to your other firearms.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I find it funny that a few folks have said one pistol is good enough to carry outside the house, but not good enough to carry at home. Seems backwards to me. Away from home it's all you have, at home it just has to be enough to get to your other firearms.

Simple. Outside I will be wide awake and have my wits also , I can adapt and overcome. Being awoke at say 2am I wont be too clear headed to adapt :D

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    Alright guys, I have other goodies for anyone who would want to break into my house. I am aware that the 9x18 round is not the best for bad situations. But, say the placement was in good places would 6 rounds take care of a bad situation or would you need 8. I am considering between a P64 and a regular Makarov. What do ya think. Bud

Go with a regular Mak or a CZ-82. The p-64 actually hurt my hand due to the ergonomics of the gun sending all of the recoil between the webbing of my thumb and pointer finger.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    You can buy C&R guns without a HQL.

That's why I have an FFL-03. :D
    Go with a regular Mak or a CZ-82. The p-64 actually hurt my hand due to the ergonomics of the gun sending all of the recoil between the webbing of my thumb and pointer finger.

Try Polish Iron replacement grips. They slip on and will make your P64 a joy to shoot.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Re #63 , & conventional wisdom home vs CCW -

Conventional thinking is at home size & concealment isn't an issue . At home more likely to just quickly grab just the gun , while when you strap up for carry, you have the opportunity to bring additional reloads.

Not that I totally agree with all of that . Inbetween my predilictions for larger carry guns, and potentially discreet Home defense handguns, the two catagories pretty much are merged .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom