• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    For all you shorebillys and those who arnt, Found out today that crumpton sale barn is holding a gun auction on December 31st. I will post the list when I get it,but from what I'm been told lots of reloading supplies and brass, gun: new and used. And ammo: new, used, and old

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    For all you shorebillys and those who arnt, Found out today that crumpton sale barn is holding a gun auction on December 31st. I will post the list when I get it,but from what I'm been told lots of reloading supplies and brass, gun: new and used. And ammo: new, used, and old
    I am a stone’s throw from the auction barn. Sure would love to see a list posted. I checked the usual sources using the lazy way and found no notice of the auction. Thanks.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    I will be there if in fact there is a firearm auction that day. Will have to do a little research and see what is going to be there hopefully.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Make sure you read the fine print. There are %15 fees after winning and $55 for transfer of each long gun, $65 for each “regulated” gun, even C&R guns (long & short).

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Also sales tax on the total including the 15% fee. I bid on a few things but it was hard to justify what the total would be with all the extras they add on.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Also sales tax on the total including the 15% fee. I bid on a few things but it was hard to justify what the total would be with all the extras they add on.
    Yea, I forgot about tax. I was prepared to spend 4k in the last auction. Once I added up the fees, I said screw it and stopped bidding.

craig357

Apr 26, 2014
    The 15% fee is typical for internet auctions, and they all have to collect taxes now. But I agree the transfer fees are ridiculous. I'm going to say something to the owner about it next time I see him.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    The 15% fee is typical for internet auctions, and they all have to collect taxes now. But I agree the transfer fees are ridiculous. I'm going to say something to the owner about it next time I see him.
    I don’t have issues with the 15% fee or taxes. Add it all up with the transfer fees, and you end up paying above retail.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    The transfer fees are exorbitant at 55 and 65 per, esp since you can run multiples on a 4473 with one background check. Then to charge sales tax on the buyer's fees is a lowlife, money grubbing move. To each their own. Guess Jesse doesn't care.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I believe charging sales tax on buyers fees may be illegal. Should only be charged on the sale (Hammer) price.IANAL.
    I buy stuff from a number of local auction houses and they all charge tax on the buyers' fee. They appear to be using automated software so I don't know if that i something they choose or not. The one that gets me is eBay charging their fees on the final price including shipping.

Jul 1, 2012
    I believe charging sales tax on buyers fees may be illegal. Should only be charged on the sale (Hammer) price.IANAL.
    It's not illegal, it's couched as "services" or some such. All the big auction houses do this too (RIA etc). It's definitely a kick in the nuts though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom