• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying don't vote for this its pointless. I dont think that they have the 60 votes for it, but if they do they should pass it.

I am simply saying: Realistically, it will be challenged all the way to the Supreme Court, likely through the 9th. Passing this is no substitute for having pro-2A justices on the court. Without a change in makeup, this is only a temporary patch. Being rich for a day or a year is still better than being poor forever.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying don't vote for this its pointless. I dont think that they have the 60 votes for it, but if they do they should pass it.

I am simply saying: Realistically, it will be challenged all the way to the Supreme Court, likely through the 9th. Passing this is no substitute for having pro-2A justices on the court. Without a change in makeup, this is only a temporary patch. Being rich for a day or a year is still better than being poor forever.

They don't have 60 votes, and never will. They need to find some other Senate rule to get it passed if they want to (which the leadership does not).

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Couldn't decide which thread to put this in. Went with the House one because of subject matter.

The WaPo gives Pelosi three Pinocchios for her claim that reciprocity will invite violent criminals to carry concealed weapons (as if they don't already).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-1115am:homepage/story&utm_term=.7aabb41f178e

We wavered between Two and Three Pinocchios but ultimately settled on Three because her last line — “the @HouseGOP just voted to do exactly that” — is so over the top and exaggerated. One can have a respectful political debate, raising the issue of a lower common denominator for concealed-weapons permits, without accusing the other side of voting to let violent criminals and stalkers have guns.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    In that article, it also quotes an analyst from the Cato Institute as saying that the Senate version of the bill does not allow people with non-resident permits to carry in their home states. Not happy about that.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    In that article, it also quotes an analyst from the Cato Institute as saying that the Senate version of the bill does not allow people with non-resident permits to carry in their home states. Not happy about that.

No one is, but I totally understand it. Otherwise, everyone will just get the NR permit from the easiest/cheapest state. If we need to put that in to get the bill to pass, so be it.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    No one is, but I totally understand it. Otherwise, everyone will just get the NR permit from the easiest/cheapest state. If we need to put that in to get the bill to pass, so be it.

Exactly! Without a home state provision the easiest/cheapest state becomes the law of the land. That is never going to fly.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It's a non win for Marylanders with restricted permits because, as we saw earner in the thread, other states are enforcing those restrictions. So even if I get a Maryland W&C with a business related restriction, it will only be good elsewhere if I'm conducting business.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    It's a non win for Marylanders with restricted permits because, as we saw earner in the thread, other states are enforcing those restrictions. So even if I get a Maryland W&C with a business related restriction, it will only be good elsewhere if I'm conducting business.

Go to the handgun board and get the restriction removed. There may be new language that says "unrestricted when traveling outside the Great State of Maryland". :D

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some states may enforce MD restrictions. Some will not. We have no definitive list of states that do.

It also may depend on the wording of signed reciprocity agreements between states.

I'm guessing the number of states that enforce MD restrictions is quite small.

To some states, a permit is a permit.

And some states may continue o honor NR permits, so you could carry unrestricted in those states.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Some states may enforce MD restrictions. Some will not. We have no definitive list of states that do.

It also may depend on the wording of signed reciprocity agreements between states.

I'm guessing the number of states that enforce MD restrictions is quite small.

To some states, a permit is a permit.

And some states may continue o honor NR permits, so you could carry unrestricted in those states.

Heck,, Most Maryland police officers have no idea about the restrictions anyway.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

You could still get an unrestricted Florida or Utah permit and carry elsewhere with no issues (under the Senate bill).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Actually either bill would allow carry in any state with a NR permit.

Only the House bill would allow carry in your home state on another NR permit.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Actually either bill would allow carry in any state with a NR permit.

Only the House bill would allow carry in your home state on another NR permit.

That's correct. I meant it in the sense that "In the Senate bill, you cant' carry in your own state with a NR permit." No sweat off my back. I'll buy a condo in another state and establish residency there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom