• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    ^^^This. First rule here is there are no stupid questions except the ones you don't ask. If you are capable, don't hesitate to return snark.:)

Unfortunately there are plenty of stupid answers for legitimate questions, some of which can be pretty snarky.

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    Thanks, fellas. I certainly didn't come here with a question in order to stir things up. I have noticed from reading other threads that there is a wealth of collective knowledge here, and figured that I could "cut to the chase" , short of resorting to asking the cops (where I would probably get conflicting answers) or trying to wade through the law as written.

This whole AR business is effectively new to me, discounting a brief fling I had with one 30-odd years ago, and well outside my area of expertise. I bought the thing for much the same reason that many here did, I presume- to arm myself with a modern rifle as every responsible citizen should IMO, to explore a new (to me) shooting game, and to have fun and possibly hunt with it. I can quote chapter and verse on the ins-and-outs of scratch building flintlock rifles, collecting L.C.Smith shotguns, pre-WWI Savage lever actions, and Krag and '03 Springfields- but not AR's, so I came to where the experts on them hang out.

I'm sure to hang out here more often in future, and am looking forward to participating in the public dialogue.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    :lol:
    So true. I need to practice saying no to my inner demons.:o

:D

I'm new too and I would say I did get snarky responses lol but they come with important answers between the lines. I think Eruby once told me hugs are better than drugs. Changed my life.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm new too and I would say I did get snarky responses lol but they come with important answers between the lines. I think Eruby once told me hugs are better than drugs. Changed my life.

Eruby is a good guy.:thumbsup:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Snarky remark alert!

It depends on who is doing the hugging.:innocent0

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I may or may not have purchased some Magpul 30 and Glock19 15 std capacity mags in DE today, not that Cabela's in Christiana is loaded to the gills with them or anything like that. I tried to leave them in the parking lot but alas, they followed me home. Guess I'll have to keep them.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    OP,

Don't take any of it personal...

You posted a question... Legit or not legit is the question that the members here must ask. We the membership have been assaulted with barrage after barrage of posers who come here to troll and cause issues. After being stung a few times... folks tend to get a bit salty in their tendency to protect what we have left.

Stick around and post enough, and you to will start seeing "patterns" which cause a pause and a question or three.

Peace... and again... Nothing personal... :beer:

...and don't be afraid to "SEARCH' intelligently. Most every question a beginner can have or on something 'new to you' has likely been answered in depth already. As well the search itself is a great learning experience. You'd have learned that most of us don't support the term "high capacity"

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    ...and don't be afraid to "SEARCH' intelligently. Most every question a beginner can have or on something 'new to you' has likely been answered in depth already. As well the search itself is a great learning experience. You'd have learned that most of us don't support the term "high capacity"
    Seach can be your friend but at times your enemy. I have at times searched for thread I know exist and the board returns nothing. I try to be intentionally vague to help thensearch return more but its hit or miss sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Seach can be your friend but at times your enemy. I have at times searched for thread I know exist and the board returns nothing. I try to be intentionally vague to help thensearch return more but its hit or miss sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Google does a much better job of searching mdshooters than the board's search function. Just type "site: mdshooters.com" before the search terms

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Except in reference to "clips" ;)

earlybirdnj

Aug 1, 2013
    I may or may not have purchased some Magpul 30 and Glock19 15 std capacity mags in DE today, not that Cabela's in Christiana is loaded to the gills with them or anything like that. I tried to leave them in the parking lot but alas, they followed me home. Guess I'll have to keep them.

that cabela's is a very dangerous place!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    You could probably make a business on any major highway leading into Maryland. Near the state line just have a stand like a fireworks or produce stand and post a sign "Standard Capacity Magazines" you would have plenty of business.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Welcome and come shoot that AR at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore on Marriottsville Road, Balt county. You can join any one of the over 30 clubs up there and your larger mags will blend in like nobody's business.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom