• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredlyon

Nov 23, 2017
    I have a Saiga 12 that was bought in VA I also am a VA resident and few times a month I come back to MD to visit friends and family and I sometimes bring my VA guns one of which is a saiga 12 with folding stock my question is, is this gun illegal for me to have in MD even though I'm a VA resident the gun is 922R compliant has pistol grip flash hider also what would happen if I decided to become a MD resident again with all of my new guns purchased in VA that are banned in MD

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I believe the folder on a semiautomatic shotgun makes it banned in MD. If you put a fixed stock on it should be okay. Or if you owned it prior to 10/1/13 can possess it Maryland.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I thought if it was bought pre 10/13 the fsa doesnt apply as far as modifications to the weapon...

This is the question I'm hoping to have answered/opinion weighed in on.
    I don't want a range trip to turn into a legal battle. I'd rather follow the rules of this state until I can leave it behind :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This is the question I'm hoping to have answered/opinion weighed in on.
    I don't want a range trip to turn into a legal battle. I'd rather follow the rules of this state until I can leave it behind :D

Most of your Saiga pics have been posted well before FSA2013, which clearly show their configuration. So, I'd lean towards you being in the clear.

But, I say that using logic - and this is MD...

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Most of your Saiga pics have been posted well before FSA2013, which clearly show their configuration. So, I'd lean towards you being in the clear.

But, I say that using logic - and this is MD...

Well, seeing as they're SBSs, I'm thinking everyone (Feds/State) knows when they were purchased. I believe I'd be pretty screwed if I need dated pics from a gun forum to prove my time of possession :D

I checked out MSP site, but didn't find anything regarding ownership previous to 10/13...or I did and didn't properly interpret the legalese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom