• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This may surprise some of you, I don't own even one. They are GREAT, and I don't think you can own 'too many', per sa.

As a kid, I mostly shot .22LR, but not 10/22 so much. So I never got the bug. Now I prefer to start teaching people (especially kids) with 22LR rifles, then pistols; but usually Browning or Marlin or whatever is handy. Everyone seems to love the HK licensed.22LR clone of the venerable MP5.

Every time I think 'it's time' to get one, there's always something new and I can't decide.

The Ruger 10/22 is without question on the shortlist of great American guns. Right up there with the 1911, and AR.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I get it that a buncha them can all be different, but not really see all that many different purposes ( other than cosmetic dress up).

Medium sized & weight for 85% of what .22lr rifles do. Trigger work and accuraccy tweaks if inclined.

Bull bbl, tight chamber, etc for no compromise pure accuraccy. Specific dimentions for a specif class rules if desired, but should still handle generic tackdriving joneses.

Folding stock/ TD/ Charger if you have a hankering for small size for storage, but would be at potential shooting disadvantage compared to the first mentioned rifle.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    This may surprise some of you, I don't own even one. They are GREAT, and I don't think you can own 'too many', per sa.

As a kid, I mostly shot .22LR, but not 10/22 so much. So I never got the bug. Now I prefer to start teaching people (especially kids) with 22LR rifles, then pistols; but usually Browning or Malin or whatever is handy. Everyone seems to love the HK licensed.22LR clone of the venerable MP5.

Every time I think 'it's time' to get one, there's always something new and I can't decide.

The Ruger 10/22 is without question on the shortlist of great American guns. Right up there with the 1911, and AR.

I thought I might be the only one on the planet who doesn't own a 10/22. Might have to pick one up one day though.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I get it that a buncha them can all be different, but not really see all that many different purposes ( other than cosmetic dress up).

Medium sized & weight for 85% of what .22lr rifles do. Trigger work and accuraccy tweaks if inclined.

Bull bbl, tight chamber, etc for no compromise pure accuraccy. Specific dimentions for a specif class rules if desired, but should still handle generic tackdriving joneses.

Folding stock/ TD/ Charger if you have a hankering for small size for storage, but would be at potential shooting disadvantage compared to the first mentioned rifle.

Yea this is basically what I'm saying. Maybe a max accuracy 10/22 that is heavy, and then a lighter one for plinking/ varmint hunting.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    They might be cosmetically different, but what are there 4-5 scenarios in which one wouldn't basically do the same thing as the rest?

This is collecting, not prepping. :shrug: How many collectors have half a dozen Springfields, (or Garands, or Mausers, or Nagants, etc.) that are functionally and even cosmetically the same, but are completely different because of a stamp or two on the receiver?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They might be cosmetically different, but what are there 4-5 scenarios in which one wouldn't basically do the same thing as the rest?

Like Bigfoot said, class rules; stock vs modified, overall weight, scoped vs irons, bench tirgger vs field trigger for hunting, stainless & plastic for marine enviroment ... gave you more than you asked for without getting all of them.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    This is collecting, not prepping. :shrug: How many collectors have half a dozen Springfields, (or Garands, or Mausers, or Nagants, etc.) that are functionally and even cosmetically the same, but are completely different because of a stamp or two on the receiver?

I am with you, I was responding to guys saying 4-5 different ones for different uses. Collecting is totally different.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Well if anyone is really fretting and has one of the Walmart Green Laminates below at a reasonable price, I would be glad to take it off your hands.

94e4852e52a620dd2e9da638b0562d66.jpg

I remember them selling for $189 in 1995. Ill add a few bucks to that.

This thread also has way too few pictures.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Max # = total money in bank / $250

Not when you are buying a Volquartsen.

Think I would need a 10/22 Volquartsen in each of the rimfire cartridges, and then that would be plenty for me.

So, I go to Volquartsen's website and start looking because of this thread.

I then come across the Fusion Take Down rifle that can shoot .17HMR, .22WMR, and .22lr with merely a quick change of the barrel. Yep, now I need to save upo $2,000.

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/1046-fusion-take-down-rifle

Of course, then I need something that shoots 17 WSM:

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/1164-17-wsm-semi-auto-rifle

There goes another $2,000. However, that covers all the rimfires if I am not mistaken. Does anybody ever consider buying something in .17 HM2 anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom