• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Revolvers? If I chose a name other than sxs (for side-by-side shotguns which I also like) I might'a called myself revolverguy or some such. I do have more semis than revolvers....because so many of my C&R guns are milsurp and police semis. And, I do love me some 1911s. But I'm more a revolver guy at heart and Smiths are my favorites. I do have a couple Colt revolvers....a Diamondback and an SAA as well as an Uberti copy of a Colt SAA. Would love a nice Python, but really believe they're overpriced as compared to the Smiths. Wouldn't mind dropping some coin on one, but don't really think it's worth 3 times what a good Smith costs. Funny, I've actually always liked Ruger handguns and think they are good value for your buck. However, the only Ruger Wheel gun I have is a Single Six Convertible 22 in stainless. I one time had a Ruger Redhawk in 44 Mag and a couple different Blackhawks...1 in 44 mag and 1 357. The Rugers were all good guns and shot fairly well, but I just didn't like the triggers as compared to my Smiths. Had a couple Dan Wesssons way back.... a model 14 and a model 15. Wished I kept the 15. It shot quite well and handled nicely. The 14 had the fixed 'slot' sight in the rear, but the 15 had fully adjustable sights. When I sold the 15, I was looking for a Dan Wesson with a 'pistol pak' or even something along the lines of a 4" and 8" barrel. Never found just what I wanted then Dan Wesson went belly up and prices zoomed upward so I just dropped the idea since I had acquired a couple more nice Smiths.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The Muppet's "Revolver" album cover spoof aside, I LOVE my revolvers! They take up less space in my safes than long guns and I don't have to chase their cases at the range.

While I've collected many revolvers in different calibers over the years, my most favorite ever is my Dan Wesson 44 mag. We've become well acquainted over the past 20+ years. Together we rarely miss any target.

:thumbsup:

Im a good Dan Wesson fan

Don't have a Dan Wesson currently, but love those older ones! j8064 - would'a loved to come across a Dan Wesson like yours some years ago when I was looking for one.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Of course:

Colt King Cobra .357, 6 rounds, my favorite.
    Taurus Model 608 .357, 8 rounds, firepower!
    Smith & Wesson Model 627-2 .357, 6 shot, Dan Wesson custom piece, NICE!
    Smith & Wesson Model 57 .41 magnum arrives at the FFL today, 2/23.

Lew--Ranger63

Last edited:

NickG

Feb 2, 2016
    I only have a few revolvers, although I like them way more than bottom feeders. This Smith and Wesson was inherited from my late Uncle. It's a 38 special 4" barrel. I'm guessing model 67?
    38 special.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    The Muppet's "Revolver" album cover spoof aside, I LOVE my revolvers! They take up less space in my safes than long guns and I don't have to chase their cases at the range.

While I've collected many revolvers in different calibers over the years, my most favorite ever is my Dan Wesson 44 mag. We've become well acquainted over the past 20+ years. Together we rarely miss any target.

:thumbsup:

I love a wheelgun with a VR barrel. :D

I'm happy with my poor man's Python aka Taurus 689, and my two stainless Ruger single actions.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I bought an EAA Windicator 357 Mag 2 inch barrel, just to have a cheap gun for the house. This thing shoots so well it has become a favorite of mine. Hellacious trigger pull in DA but sweet, crisp trigger pull in SA mode. I have several other wheel guns, but my second favorite is a Heritage .22mag Roughrider. Fun as hell to shoot.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I love a wheelgun with a VR barrel. :D

I'm happy with my poor man's Python aka Taurus 689, and my two stainless Ruger single actions.

Many folks have disdain for Taurus toys. Personally I've never had an issue with my Taurus 689VR. It's been to many a range trip since I bought it new 21 years ago. In fact, it's packed for tomorrow's Hooligan shoot.

:party29:

Attachments

• Taurus 357 L.jpg
      Taurus 357 L.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 345

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads