• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I moved to Delta Pa and kept my job in Baltimore and am now looking to find something closer to home. I do exhaust bending and welding among other general auto repair. Im tiring of the commute into hostile territory and the little annoyances at work are starting to add up into something bigger. I have been where I currently work for almost 5 years. I would prefer something in Northern Baltimore or Harford county as well as Southern York county. If I can cut my commute in half I would be happy. Less than that is a huge bonus. Thanks for any help.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Try Dublin Service Center in Dublin, MD. Jim is a good guy who I normally use but I know he has had to can a few mechanics for various reasons. He might be able to use a talented hand.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Thanks Bert. Anyone else keep the leads coming. Its much appreciated. I would much rather be around other like minded people. After all you spend more time at work than at home.

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    I know that but knowing a place is actively looking is easier than walking in cold to somewhere random.

Business is like a single girl always looking to upgrade even though their not advertising. Some business owners wouldn't hesitate to hire a new employee if presented a qualified candidate as he's been itching to get rid of that pain in the ass but hasn't the time to post the opening and doesn't want to leave himself short terminating and not have a replacement. Your very employer maybe waiting for just such a cold call to get rid of you.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Business is like a single girl always looking to upgrade even though their not advertising. Some business owners wouldn't hesitate to hire a new employee if presented a qualified candidate as he's been itching to get rid of that pain in the ass but hasn't the time to post the opening and doesn't want to leave himself short terminating and not have a replacement. Your very employer maybe waiting for just such a cold call to get rid of you.

Most people aren't in a hurry to get rid of someone that shows up everyday on time, does a good job and makes them money. Thanks though. There are plenty of good talkers and hacks in the business that destroy almost everything they touch and Im NOT one of them. Im just looking for a place to call home and be comfortable in a good environment.

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Lot of truth in Silent Partner's post (last sentence could be true for any of us, don't take it personal). I've had people apply out of the blue that were so good that I've created jobs for them just to be able to grab them when I could. I get what you are saying but don't dismiss SP's post either. Good luck and hope you find your dream job.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Lot of truth in Silent Partner's post (last sentence could be true for any of us, don't take it personal). I've had people apply out of the blue that were so good that I've created jobs for them just to be able to grab them when I could. I get what you are saying but don't dismiss SP's post either. Good luck and hope you find your dream job.

I agree.
    I'm in the boat right now where a cold-calling, qualified individual would be hired as quickly as I could get the paperwork through HR and finance, just to put me in a position to eliminate a problem employee.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    What mechanical experience/training do you have? What kind of money are you looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom