• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I almost wonder if they are preparing an "incompetent lawyer" case.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    I almost wonder if they are preparing an "incompetent lawyer" case.

It seems to me, the dummy, that Omalley sees that CCW is coming whether he likes it or not and he is trying to play both sides. When he is US President Candidate Omalley, he can either say he dropped the crime rate, or he was forced to do it by the courts and the crime rate was not his fault.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    OK, am I really dumber for having read it?

Let me get this straight....

-There is a lot of crime out there, we've tried hard, but it's out there.
    -The crimes are violent in nature.
    -Criminals overwhelmingly choose handguns.
    -Maryland is a place where violent crimes happen a lot.
    -There is a lot of violent crime in Maryland, and criminals in Maryland already use handguns, therefore, we don't want honest citizens to carry handguns.

This is what? logic? An argument? A means by which to distract the judge while the defendants all jump out of their car at a stoplight, change seats, and put on fake noses?

Words cannot describe just how pathetic their arguments are. They are not even arguments, they are unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian "feces".

Patrick gives the defendants a lot of credit when he suggests they may have copied portions from the Brady Bunch. If they did, it must have been with Crayola crayons. I think the Brady's wrote it for them, for fear the judge would not be able to read an argument written in the Crayola color "Tickle Me Pink".

is this thing on?

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I kind of want to print that letter out, and go walking around with my AK until a cop stops me. Then when I get arrested I could probably sue somebody and make a bunch of money.

Who wants to be my lawyer?

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    I'm still thinking WTF about the open carry of rifles. Any where that CCW is permitted. CCW is permitted in your vehicle, (for the lucky few). But a rifle must be unloaded in the car. So can I play the part of Joe Wilson, and sit in the back of the court room and yell "You Lie"!

+1 on the idea of getting a letter from the AG and "Taking a walk" with the letter, and your favorite non-regulated long arm. We should plan a mass walk, no assembly, nothing more than maybe a nod or a wink ass you pass another member going the other way on the oppsite side of the street. I'd love to take my 870 for a walk, it could use the fresh air. Or perhaps my M1 carbine would make a nice walking companion. :party29:

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    I kind of want to print that letter out, and go walking around with my AK until a cop stops me. Then when I get arrested I could probably sue somebody and make a bunch of money.

Who wants to be my lawyer?

Don't take the AK, is regulated. You won't be having the last laugh. What's you second choice?

Braxtonian

Dec 10, 2010
    Greencastle, PA
    Chewbacca Defense

This is what? logic? An argument? A means by which to distract the judge while the defendants all jump out of their car at a stoplight, change seats, and put on fake noses?

Words cannot describe just how pathetic their arguments are. They are not even arguments, they are unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian "feces".

Have you ever heard of the chewbacca defense?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103454/the-chewbacca-defense

Warning, language not exactly safe for work...

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    My two cents:

1. If a long gun is allowed to be carried in public to defend one’s self, and therefore seen as sufficient protection, then why does the State of Maryland issue handguns to their police departments? Why do they also allow the concealment of handguns in certain circumstances? In essence, for the same reasons that they cite as needed for doing away with handguns: “easy concealability, light weight, and deadly impact”, one could make the argument as to that is why they are also needed by the average person in self defense.

2. Of those handguns used to commit violent acts in Maryland, how many of their owners were CCW permit holders? Where therefore, is the connection between requiring a permit to carry and reducing gun violence?

3. Where does it state that a threat ends at my threshold? In essence, my Right to Bear Arms is portable, as I am a free citizen. The State, therefore, only allows me to guarantee that freedom if I stay at home? Although the State touts I can open carry a long gun in public, to do so would invite immediate arrest by local law enforcement.

4. Contrary to the States claim, the “good and substantial reason” does prohibit law-abiding, adult citizens with a demonstrated need from obtaining a permit to wear and carry a handgun in public, due to its restrictive burden of proof to establish said. For instance, as in my case, were a death threat was made, I cannot “prove” it because it was not recorded in the police report, and my family cannot be used as cooberating witnesses.

5. Of Maryland’s four (4) general categories of “good and substantial reason”: businesses involving heightened risk, regulated professions, assumed risk professions, and personal protection, only personal protection requires that an actual life threatening event already having to have had occurred. This is contrary to the State’s premise that permits are not to be issued based on “personal anxiety”.

6. Of all the permits issued in Maryland, less than 2% are issued for personal protection. That unto itself demonstrates a disparity, especially in a State where it admits that it has a higher than unusual crime rate. How does the State, therefore, justify equal issuance to the average citizen?

7. A handgun never killed anyone. I can lay a fully loaded handgun on the table, and until a moron interacts with it, it will do no harm. How can the State, therefore, post such statistics as though it is the gun that is on trial and not the person behind the trigger?

8. Studies have shown that handgun crime is linked to handgun availability. Does that mean we now ban French fries because they make some people fat?

9. Based on Maryland’s own crime statistics, and logic, it is automatically an assumed risk to enter, or near the City of Baltimore. The original premise for enacting permits, (city high school shootings in 1972) and the continuance of that enactment is predicated on Baltimore crime statistics. How is it that The State can discriminate against non-city residents because Baltimore can’t get a grip on its crime situation?

10. If a handgun cannot be effectively issued to MDSP, without an assailant taking it away from them, and killing them with their own weapon, then why do they allow their officers to carry them to start with?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Dead Eye, haven't you heard about the new magic guns that have been showing up in Baltimore over the last 30 years? They have magic powers that allow them to get up, walk, run, drive, take buses or bike anywhere in Baltimore, select targets and shoot them all without human interaction?

If you want to find one, look for the magic drugs that walked all the way from Mexico and hopped in someone's pocket.

They tend to be peas in a pod.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    They even described the doctrine using the exact same semantics we do on this board. They then made it all fit into Chester exactly as we predicted they would here on this board. Brilliant.

Will I go over their implementation of it? Not at all. After all, we could have written it (and at certain times while reading this, I was thinking we actually did...).

A stock defense cribbed from every other defendant in the nation, and maybe even a little bit from MDShooters. Some of the parallels were eerie. Just sayin'.

OK, which account IP resolves to oag.state.md.us? :sad20:

You dirty rat. Where's James Cagney when you need him?

Attachments

• you dirty rat.jpg
      you dirty rat.jpg
      16.3 KB · Views: 275

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Alright, after a good deal of searching, the only thing that I could find about transport of long guns in vehicles is that they have to be unloaded and be in accordance with the prohibited places of concealed/open carry.

Don't take the AK, is regulated. You won't be having the last laugh. What's you second choice?

No law against regulated long firearms, only handguns :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom