• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Have been using one for the past 2 years.

Only changes have been the straw mod to help powder flow out better and not hang up. And if you do some searching you can program to change the low medium and high speed modes to speed things up a bit when metering.

I also invested in the line noise filters to go on the power cord to eliminate interference from lights, etc.

Enjoy, they do work well.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I use mine every day(I reload). If you run into problems dropping extruded powders, shove a 1/2" piece of McDonalds straw in the end of the spout. This will help prevent over-drops. :thumbsup:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It's all I use for my rifles, and all test loads. I use the straw trick, also reprogrammed the speed as I was trying to get closer to the charge weights before it slowed down to low or trickle mode.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    It would be nice if they gave you information on the parameters, I would like to be able to turn of the self zero "feature" they have. I don't really like things changing without me changing them.

If you do go messing with them on your own, make sure you write them down before making any changes as there is no way to return them to the factory settings except to enter them back in manually. I say this because most of the "tunes" I have seen and tried (side by side with an untuned one) are not an improvement.

You can add an extra inline filter but you shouldn't need to, the current ones all have EMI ferrite filters already.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    It would be nice if they gave you information on the parameters, I would like to be able to turn of the self zero "feature" they have. I don't really like things changing without me changing them.

If you do go messing with them on your own, make sure you write them down before making any changes as there is no way to return them to the factory settings except to enter them back in manually. I say this because most of the "tunes" I have seen and tried (side by side with an untuned one) are not an improvement.

You can add an extra inline filter but you shouldn't need to, the current ones all have EMI ferrite filters already.

Call the programming guru at RCBS to see if you can turn it off. I can't remember his name but I saw it on a number of other forums. I'm pretty sure that's who they would put you in touch with just by calling.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I like mine.

But the straw mod did not work for me, I had to come up with a different mod to drop without over dropping.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No, I have to take pics.

But I took a tube from a cheap pin. I reduced the OK to fit the spout. Then I used a hobby saw to make LONGITUDINAL grooves in the inside. The grooves break up the clumps, so it drops single granuals of powder.

It drop dead on with Varget and H4895.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    No, I have to take pics.

But I took a tube from a cheap pin. I reduced the OK to fit the spout. Then I used a hobby saw to make LONGITUDINAL grooves in the inside. The grooves break up the clumps, so it drops single granuals of powder.

It drop dead on with Varget and H4895.

I remember you posting it now.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I bought one at Cabelas on Black Friday. I have to find the youtube video of a guy that used a necked down casing with the end cut off instead of a straw. I also think there is a guy on ebay that sells a metal tube that is like what Pinecone described.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I loaded 100 rounds of 115 grain 9MM bullets with WIN 231 today. The thing hung up a couple of times but it was still pretty quick.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    WW231 meters perfectly through a normal powder measure.

The problem is with stick powders, like the IMR powders, or H4895, Varget, and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom