• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Here is the look I am going for when all is said and done. Just my SHTF gun to stow in a duffle bag ready to go.

20160505_123706.jpg

Please respond to our requests LOL:)

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I want to add a question. Considering the MBUS sights are shorter between each other than with the 16+ inch barrels of a rifle/carbine, are they gonna be getting you shooting straight out of the "box" if you will? Or will I be fiddling with a screwdriver and sight adjusting tool? I'm all done building mine and need to go try it out. Of course awful weather is forecast all week- rain and or hot/humid.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I want to add a question. Considering the MBUS sights are shorter between each other than with the 16+ inch barrels of a rifle/carbine, are they gonna be getting you shooting straight out of the "box" if you will? Or will I be fiddling with a screwdriver and sight adjusting tool? I'm all done building mine and need to go try it out. Of course awful weather is forecast all week- rain and or hot/humid.

It depends.

My 5.56 pistol works great with the Magpul BUIS and was easy to zero.

The 300 BLK on the other hand didn't have enough adjustment and required a taller rear sight to zero. I found the Bushnell TRS-25 worked well on the 300 BLK. It has since been upgraded to an Aimpoint PRO. (I needed to save my pennies to afford the PRO.)

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

I actually didn't have any irons on mine when it was a pistol (it's an SBR now, and ahem, ummm.... still doesn't have irons...) but think about it this way:

They key to accuracy is repeatability and consistency, right? The hardest thing about getting an AR pistol sighted in isn't necessarily adjusting the sights, it's getting a repeatable cheek weld and steady platform to shoot from so that it's the pistol throwing the rounds wherever they go and not you. I would really recommend getting a rest, or bags, or something like that to shoot from while you sight in so you can get that consistency.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I actually didn't have any irons on mine when it was a pistol (it's an SBR now, and ahem, ummm.... still doesn't have irons...) but think about it this way:

They key to accuracy is repeatability and consistency, right? The hardest thing about getting an AR pistol sighted in isn't necessarily adjusting the sights, it's getting a repeatable cheek weld and steady platform to shoot from so that it's the pistol throwing the rounds wherever they go and not you. I would really recommend getting a rest, or bags, or something like that to shoot from while you sight in so you can get that consistency.

I have a Caldwell deadshot I can set it on. It's adjustable to different sizes, should work for my pistol.

Attachments

• EBPfinished2.jpg
      EBPfinished2.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 180
    Last edited:

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Getting my lower assembled tomorrow but I have a question. If I build a pistol but then change my mind and want to go rifle how do I prove that it started life as a pistol if I want to go back to a pistol? Take a picture with time stamp of it as a pistol?

BusaJ52

Jul 13, 2016
    Cecil
    Getting my lower assembled tomorrow but I have a question. If I build a pistol but then change my mind and want to go rifle how do I prove that it started life as a pistol if I want to go back to a pistol? Take a picture with time stamp of it as a pistol?

i would also like to know..

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You don't have to. But, me being me, I take a picture(with serial # in focus) of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom