• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've always thought the Mauser HSc were pretty neat. I had a postwar French marked one, parkerised, and when I saw this late war commercial model that ended up as a Norwegian police pistol, I gave it a shot.

It's in better shape than the auction pics, though you can't tell from my cheesy cellphone snapshots.

Attachments

• H4.jpg
      H4.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 333
    • H3.jpg
      H3.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 344
    • H2.jpg
      H2.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 328
    • H1.jpg
      H1.jpg
      29.9 KB · Views: 328

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thats nice the postwar french guns are fantastic. Been itching for a P38 grey ghost for years.

Jul 1, 2012
    Been itching for a P38 grey ghost for years.

Don't wait too long, prices are going up on them to levels of the WW2 Mauser P.38's (and in some cases beyond). They didn't make many in the grand scheme of things. There's also several variations to make it interesting, some of them pretty rare like Fabrique Nationale slides (ac/43, ac/44).

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice find! I've always been a fan of these. They have a niche following in the collecting world. Agree with somd_mustangs that the HSc in Norwegian police service seems to be harder to find.
    I'm still perplexed as to why the HSc in general doesn't generate the interest and market value that other German pocket pistols do. They routinely sell for half of what a PPK does. A bargain in my eyes. Esp. if you can find a rare variant like the early "low grip screw" or Kriegsmarine issued example.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Very nice! I’ve always been fascinated by the Politi pistols as well, adds an interesting extra layer of history. Don’t see many Politi HSc’s turn up so that’s a nice find!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yep, 32acp. A disrespected cartridge, but I find that I have a number of pistols that use it. I'm a sucker for interesting design and metalwork.

These are fascinating pistols. I love the Art Deco design, and the way that the safety moves the firing pin away from where it can be struck by the hammer. Slide removal is weird until you get used to it.

As I really like German semi-autos, but don't care for Nazi artifacts, it's been a pleasant challenge to dig up commercial examples of these pistols. (OK, the French Mauser is military - but it's never been dropped!)

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I got to shoot some newer-model Mauser HSc's in .380 and liked them so much better than the Walther PPK/s. No comparison, really.

If you get bored, peruse https://simpsonltd.com/ sometime and don't blame me if you get lost in there for a couple of hours.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Neat little gun, I have a war time one that may have been reblued after it was brought back, no import marks, so it probably came back in my Uncle's duffle bag after he was wounded outside of Aachen, in WW2.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I got to shoot some newer-model Mauser HSc's in .380 and liked them so much better than the Walther PPK/s. No comparison, really.

If you get bored, peruse https://simpsonltd.com/ sometime and don't blame me if you get lost in there for a couple of hours.

I have a PPK/S in 380. I don't care for it at all. I have no experience with HSc in 380, so can't comment.

On the other hand, the PPK in 7.65 is an absolute delight to shoot.

Thankfully, there's a boatload of people who go to the Simpson site and snap up all the new stuff that I'd have to bankrupt myself trying to buy, so by the time I get there, I'm safe but sorry.

Gunbroker is bad enough. And if you're lucky, you can sometimes find a bargain.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Neat little gun, I have a war time one that may have been reblued after it was brought back, no import marks, so it probably came back in my Uncle's duffle bag after he was wounded outside of Aachen, in WW2.

The prices just keep going up and up on them, too. Yours is extra-cool because of the personal history behind it.

I have a PPK/S in 380. I don't care for it at all. I have no experience with HSc in 380, so can't comment.

On the other hand, the PPK in 7.65 is an absolute delight to shoot.

Thankfully, there's a boatload of people who go to the Simpson site and snap up all the new stuff that I'd have to bankrupt myself trying to buy, so by the time I get there, I'm safe but sorry.

Gunbroker is bad enough. And if you're lucky, you can sometimes find a bargain.

I agree, I'd take a PP in 7.65 to the range over a PPK/s in .380 every time. Simpsons is like a candy shop for people like us. It's nothing to spend 2-3 hours surfing P38's, PP's, BHP's and HSc's. There's a variant called an HSc 'Super' in .380 that I'd like to get my hands on before prices head into the stratosphere. I also wouldn't mind picking-up a Sauer 38H.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The prices just keep going up and up on them, too. Yours is extra-cool because of the personal history behind it.

I agree, I'd take a PP in 7.65 to the range over a PPK/s in .380 every time. Simpsons is like a candy shop for people like us. It's nothing to spend 2-3 hours surfing P38's, PP's, BHP's and HSc's. There's a variant called an HSc 'Super' in .380 that I'd like to get my hands on before prices head into the stratosphere. I also wouldn't mind picking-up a Sauer 38H.

OK true confession: I did surf Simpson's for over an hour last night. I was pleased to see that all my C&R stuff cost me significantly less that S was charging, but it still made me hungry.

I finally did score a commercial 38h a while ago. So tough to find the commercial examples, but happily folks prefer the Nazi markings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom