• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Good Evening Shooters,

GOOD NEWS!!! We are back to business at the AGC and registrations for our June Action Shooting Matches are now open. As everyone is aware, it is a different world than it was prior to COVID19, but we have developed a set of precautionary measures to keep everyone safe. Those will be emailed out to the registered participants ahead of each match and reviewed as part of the safety briefing.

On another note, there are many shooters with itchy trigger fingers right now, and therefore these matches are going to fill up quick. We will undoubtedly have waiting lists for each of these matches, but due to COVID will ask that those on the waiting list NOT show up unless notified prior to the match.

That said, it is imperative that if you are registered, you show up and do not cancel after registration has closed (unless in the case of illness or death). If you are registered and do not show up, then you are in effect taking someone else's slot and costing the Action Shooting Program money that could be spent helping the program to grow.

We look forward to seeing everyone. Registration information and links are below.

"Outlaw" Steel Challenge - Saturday June 6th

https://practiscore.com/agc-outlaw-steel-challenge-match-1/register

Please read the match description very carefully, as a few things have changed (2nd gun discount eliminated, new divisions, etc.)

3 Gun Match - Saturday, June 13th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-saturday-june-13-2020/register

IDPA Match - Saturday, June 20th

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tier-1-match-saturday-may-16th-clone/register

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I forgot to note that since The Outlaw Steel Challenge match is on the anniversary D Day, Stoveman is designing and donating the props for a stage that will put shooter in the boots of those who were storming the beaches at Normandy. Should be fun and add a new twist. Thanks Paul

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I forgot to note that since The Outlaw Steel Challenge match is on the anniversary D Day, Stoveman is designing and donating the props for a stage that will put shooter in the boots of those who were storming the beaches at Normandy. Should be fun and add a new twist. Thanks Paul

:secret: I've heard rumors about this...sounds pretty cool:party29:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Full at 6:15am. That took less than 10hrs to fill.
    This is getting big real fast.

I set these matches up in advance in Practiscore for the entire year. Registration always opens at 8 am, 2 weeks prior to the match. I normally try to send an email and post it here just as registrations are opening.

In this case, I had a big day of yardwork planned and was actually at the landscape supply store at 7:30 am. As I was driving home, I received 14 registration emails at 8:02 am and then they continued to come in steadily throughout the the remainder of the day. It wasn't until yesterday evening when I was able to get back in front of a computer and send out an email. Not sure it would have mattered, as the majority of the slots were filled without any communication whatsoever. I guess people are paying attention to the schedule and know this thing will fill fast.

I was pretty surprised by the amount of shooters who registered twice. We eliminated the discount for the second gun, and I figured that would deter some, but it does not seem to have done that. Either way, due to the social distancing guidelines, we can not more than 60 individual shooters (6 squads with no more than 10 individuals).

As for your waitlist status, you are #2. I can promise you with 100% certainty that we will have a number of withdrawals and that you will be approved to shoot. In fact, it is typically upwards of 15%-20% that sign up and then withdraw a few days before the event. If for some reason I am wrong, then you and Dbledoc can have my 2 slots and I wont shoot. So, just plan on coming that day.

edit: I have attached the AGC 2020 Schedule - Put the events you plan to attend on your calendar and know that registration will open for ALL of them (including 3 Gun and IDPA) at 8 am 2 weeks prior the the Outlaw Steel Challenge Match.

Attachments

• 2020 AGC Action Shooting Schedule - Revised February 2020.pdf
      42.1 KB · Views: 114

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I set these matches up in advance in Practiscore for the entire year. Registration always opens at 8 am, 2 weeks prior to the match. I normally try to send an email and post it here just as registrations are opening.

In this case, I had a big day of yardwork planned and was actually at the landscape supply store at 7:30 am. As I was driving home, I received 14 registration emails at 8:02 am and then they continued to come in steadily throughout the the remainder of the day. It wasn't until yesterday evening when I was able to get back in front of a computer and send out an email. Not sure it would have mattered, as the majority of the slots were filled without any communication whatsoever. I guess people are paying attention to the schedule and know this thing will fill fast.

I was pretty surprised by the amount of shooters who registered twice. We eliminated the discount for the second gun, and I figured that would deter some, but it does not seem to have done that. Either way, due to the social distancing guidelines, we can not more than 60 individual shooters (6 squads with no more than 10 individuals).

As for your waitlist status, you are #2. I can promise you with 100% certainty that we will have a number of withdrawals and that you will be approved to shoot. In fact, it is typically upwards of 15%-20% that sign up and then withdraw a few days before the event. If for some reason I am wrong, then you and Dbledoc can have my 2 slots and I wont shoot. So, just plan on coming that day.

edit: I have attached the AGC 2020 Schedule - Put the events you plan to attend on your calendar and know that registration will open for ALL of them (including 3 Gun and IDPA) at 8 am 2 weeks prior the the Outlaw Steel Challenge Match.

I changed my main practiscore email address (from AOL to the same name at protonmail.com), but it still lists my old one registered for this match. I'm not too worried about it...as long as it doesn't kick me out :shrug: I subscribed to the AGC Action Shooting newsletter with the new one, so I'm assuming I'll still be in the loop moving forward. Honestly, though, I check MDS for updates way more often than email anyway. :innocent0

The Thursday night practices do not require registration, correct?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I changed my main practiscore email address (from AOL to the same name at protonmail.com), but it still lists my old one registered for this match. I'm not too worried about it...as long as it doesn't kick me out :shrug: I subscribed to the AGC Action Shooting newsletter with the new one, so I'm assuming I'll still be in the loop moving forward. Honestly, though, I check MDS for updates way more often than email anyway. :innocent0

The Thursday night practices do not require registration, correct?

Hopefully your email issue will be worked out before the next match. We do send a few emails to just those who are registered and therefore not through the AGC email system.

Thursday night does not require registration. It is very informal.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Don't Forget about Thursday Nights

Every 1st and 3rd Thursday evening we set up a couple courses of fire and have an informal blastoff. This Thursday is for rifle only and will be on the 200 yard range. It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on for just $5.

Show up around 5ish, set up, shoot for a couple of hours, then tear down and go home.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Every 1st and 3rd Thursday evening we set up a couple courses of fire and have an informal blastoff. This Thursday is for rifle only and will be on the 200 yard range. It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on for just $5.

Show up around 5ish, set up, shoot for a couple of hours, then tear down and go home.

Still going on tonight despite threat of rain (I know if I melt, it will be from the heat, not getting wet)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom