• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Fred city police are posting increased staffing on Sunday for the demonstration and counter demonstration.

a3110ad33a9a0c60a51c0cf3f3b54a0e.jpg

b1b6d901fab98b3c6f29e849b0267fe2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. B

Jul 9, 2019
    MD
    Thanks for the updates. Although I'm not in Frederick county, I'm interested in the issue.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    We had overwatch; at least two guys were up there. The guy on the right was regularly scanning the crowd with binoculars. (Sorry my phone doesn't zoom further.)

Attachments

• 20191006_151257.jpg
      20191006_151257.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 287
    • 20191006_151304.jpg
      20191006_151304.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 281

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    There were a handful of protesters. This woman (assuming her gender, yes) was wandering through the crowd holding a "Hate Has No Place Here" sign with a bunch of foreign-language text beneath. I'm willing to bet she doesn't know what each element says, and it could be a complete mockery of us Americans. Regardless, {s}he wasn't getting any traction with the crowd while we were listening to the various speakers describe horrific family destruction at the hands of illegal aliens.

Ultimately, the protesters (who I'm sure the MSM will portray as "counter" protesters, in spite of the fact that folks supporting Sheriff Jenkins weren't there to protest anything) ended up in the south corner of the audience area. The police had both the field to the north and the playground to the south taped-off, so you had to enter from the east side on 2nd street. The protesters started being disruptive, and in spite of Sheriff Jenkins' advocation that we just ignore them, the police marched them out of the area to the south toward Bentz st. Shortly thereafter, we observed the protesters running east on Bentz, being pursued by multiple police officers. The crowd cheered in support of the police.

There were a handful of cat-lady protesters who remained in stealth-mode. They would wander through the crowd, and occasionally display a hand-written sharpie-on-notebook-paper sign that said "deport ICE." When the police patrols approached, they would fold their signs and conceal them in their five-cat-handbags. Very stealthy. I'm sure they got quite the rush from "sticking it to the man!"

Attachments

• 20191006_153518.jpg
      20191006_153518.jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 286

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Former Director of ICE Tom Homan spoke for a while, and described in great detail how illegal immigrants were being abused by any number of opportunistic folks on both sides of the US/Mexico border. He seems like a well-grounded guy. I did not have a chance to talk to him directly.

Attachments

• 20191006_151623.jpg
      20191006_151623.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 304

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Throughout, there were any number of folks who were interested in the flag I was flying. Aside from a handful of small hand-held flags, this was the only full-size one in the air at this event. A number of folks said they wished I had arrived earlier, as they really needed a flag at the beginning of the rally. (Sorry, I was late due to a high-priority family issue.)

Almost as soon as I arrived, one gent offered to help hold the flagpole while I raised the colors. Multiple people came over to shake my hand, thank me for being there, and wanting to either take my photo, take one with me, or hold the flag and have a photo taken. It was powerful stuff from a "connection" perspective.

One nice lady suggested that I should move the flag down front, and said it was likely that they would put me on stage. I responded, "this isn't about me.; it's much bigger." She nodded, approvingly. About halfway through Tom Homan's time, it started raining pretty hard. She came back, and shared her umbrella with me. "You're holding the flag; you shouldn't be out in the rain." After about 10 minutes, the rain started to let up. Her friends were leaving (we were well past the scheduled end-time at this point.) She stayed. "No, really, it's okay. You don't need to stay. I won't melt." I am convinced that she felt bad about "abandoning" me, even though she really wasn't. I pointed to the flag - "These colors don't run. Neither will I." She smiled and told me I was a good man.

Attachments

• 20191006_151641.jpg
      20191006_151641.jpg
      128.4 KB · Views: 273

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Throughout, there were any number of folks who were interested in the flag I was flying. Aside from a handful of small hand-held flags, this was the only full-size one in the air at this event. A number of folks said they wished I had arrived earlier, as they really needed a flag at the beginning of the rally. (Sorry, I was late due to a high-priority family issue.)

Almost as soon as I arrived, one gent offered to help hold the flagpole while I raised the colors. Multiple people came over to shake my hand, thank me for being there, and wanting to either take my photo, take one with me, or hold the flag and have a photo taken. It was powerful stuff from a "connection" perspective.

One nice lady suggested that I should move the flag down front, and said it was likely that they would put me on stage. I responded, "this isn't about me.; it's much bigger." She nodded, approvingly. About halfway through Tom Homan's time, it started raining pretty hard. She came back, and shared her umbrella with me. "You're holding the flag; you shouldn't be out in the rain." After about 10 minutes, the rain started to let up. Her friends were leaving (we were well past the scheduled end-time at this point.) She stayed. "No, really, it's okay. You don't need to stay. I won't melt." I am convinced that she felt bad about "abandoning" me, even though she really wasn't. I pointed to the flag - "These colors don't run. Neither will I." She smiled and told me I was a good man.

Thank you for taking a flag and flying it proudly. I was just scrolling through the book of faces and saw a pic of the rally (likely before you got there) and nary an Old Glory to be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom