• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-board-brands-nra-a-domestic-terrorist-organization

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has passed a resolution declaring the National Rifle Association a “domestic terrorist organization” and urged the federal government to do the same – the latest escalation in the heated rhetoric from Democrats regarding the NRA in the wake of several deadly mass shootings.

The resolution, which passed Tuesday and says the U.S. is “plagued by an epidemic of gun violence,” accuses the NRA of using “its considerable wealth and organization strength to promote gun ownership and incite gun owners to acts of violence.”

I have a vision of Bugs Bunny using a saw to cut California from the continent.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    accuses the NRA of using “its considerable wealth and organization strength to ... incite gun owners to acts of violence.”

I wonder if the NRA doesn't have some grounds, there, to sue the bejeezus out of SF's Board of Supervisors for some seriously malicious slander/libel. In more practical terms, are there any legal consequences for this finding? What happens if a resident of SF donates to the Terrorist NRA? Can the city pursue criminal penalties for supporting terrorism? What a fun time in court that would be.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I wonder if the NRA doesn't have some grounds, there, to sue the bejeezus out of SF's Board of Supervisors for some seriously malicious slander/libel. In more practical terms, are there any legal consequences for this finding? What happens if a resident of SF donates to the Terrorist NRA? Can the city pursue criminal penalties for supporting terrorism? What a fun time in court that would be.

LA was first . They require for any current contractor or future bidders for contracts to answer yes or no to supporting the NRA

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    They're mistaken.

What the U.S. is plagued by is an epidemic of San Francisco styled pathetic liberal policy. Policy that has all but destroyed every major city in America. Policy that threatens to tear the fabric out of the rest of this country as well.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A diversion from their real problems

San Francisco's Quality-of-Life Toll. San Francisco is the nation's leader in property crime. Burglary, larceny, shoplifting, and vandalism are included under this ugly umbrella. The rate of car break-ins is particularly striking: in 2017 over 30,000 reports were filed, and the current average is 51 per day.May 19, 2019
    https://www.city-journal.org/san-francisco-crime

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    I wouldn't be surprised to see groups of dues-paying members forming a class-action lawsuit to go after the NRA, its officers and board for misuse of funds, malfeasance, and fraud, and requiring an independent CPA audit of all its books and operations. The NRA is supposed to be an organization you can trust, and from what I've read recently, it doesn't seem to be so, what with the outrageous spending and internal fighting for control.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I wonder if the NRA doesn't have some grounds, there, to sue the bejeezus out of SF's Board of Supervisors

I wouldn't be surprised to see groups of dues-paying members forming a class-action lawsuit to go after the NRA, its officers and board for misuse of funds, malfeasance, and fraud, and requiring an independent CPA audit of all its books and operations. The NRA is supposed to be an organization you can trust, and from what I've read recently, it doesn't seem to be so, what with the outrageous spending and internal fighting for control.

If the NRA were to sue and get money from these libtards, they would probably just turn around and buy Wayne another $6MB mansion...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Once you're a member of a legally recognized terror group (no matter how ridiculous the accusation is), do the red flag laws kick in? At that post can one have all his firearms confiscated since you've been declared a terrorist?

Common sense and rule of law have been destroyed by liberal groupthink. George Orwell's 1984 is happening...just a bit later than he envisioned.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I guess the good news is the Nutty Nineth is turning conservative. Trump! So if the NRA does sue they can work towards the nineth and might just win.
    V

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    If you wanted to make a point, all gun manufacturers should stop sales to these local governments. How do they, for example, contract to buy firearms from S&W who contributes to the NRA?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Who cares, they can't keep their citizens from using the streets as open air toilets. Just another Democratic controlled paradise.

Dirty Harry weeps for the ******** it has become.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Once you're a member of a legally recognized terror group (no matter how ridiculous the accusation is), do the red flag laws kick in? At that post can one have all his firearms confiscated since you've been declared a terrorist?

Common sense and rule of law have been destroyed by liberal groupthink. George Orwell's 1984 is happening...just a bit later than he envisioned.

That was a point of discussion on Limbaugh today, but I was in and out of the car, so I'm not sure what the thought train was. I'm sure Red Flag was among the long term goals for Sodom by the Sea, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom