• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Didn't think they were that cheap?

They seem fairly solid, given the choice I probably would favor a VZ58.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Buy !! LOL I have several ands love them !! Easy on the wallet and extremely light recoil !!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Based on the reasoning you stated, as long as you've got the discretionary funds, I can't think of a reason not to buy one.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    PTR-32 DO IT

I have a PTR-32, gen 1.5, one of the 50 weapons made for the 2014 NRA Convention. Love to shoot it and it accepts HK/PTR items like stocks, handguards, telesights and some of the parts from the 91 family weapons I already have. Mine likes Tapco and Bulgarian plastic magazines and haven't had good luck with Serbian and Yugo metal magazines, too much wiggle, ( or any other metal mags yet ). Weight is 9.5 pounds for the PTR-32 vs 7.7 pounds for a full wooden stack AK, so unless your doing a 10 click hump from the range parking lot to the firing line weight isn't a problem. Remember this a roller-locked delayed blowback rifle.....look ma no gas tube and piston so it does need some weight to make the firing cycle work. It will be a PITA to clean with the crud that comes into the chamber/receiver area and yes to the reloaders it will put a ding in the brass and fling rounds out 10-15 feet to the 2 o'clock position. Try and get a lane to the far right of a range as you can. All in all it's fun to shoot, better sights that an AK and feels like a battle rifle in your hands.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it,
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    I'm a huge fan of the platform (HK 91, 93, etc). Love shooting my .308 but it gets pricey to shoot, my 93 is cheaper to shoot but don't even think about the price of spare magazines. My 32 hits the sweet spot, .30 caliber fun, cheap to shoot, cheap magazines, tons of spares, more accurate than most AK's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom