• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I'd still support it if it's the only way to get the bill passed, however. Better than nothing.

I disagree. More than 15 years ago we were told that about LEOSA. Only now are we getting thrown another bone. Is it going to be another 15 years?

We should demand what we want with this bill or similar legislation. It's not sufficient to simply say "we have to use incrementalism" when the increments move glacially slow.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I disagree. More than 15 years ago we were told that about LEOSA. Only now are we getting thrown another bone. Is it going to be another 15 years?

We should demand what we want with this bill or similar legislation. It's not sufficient to simply say "we have to use incrementalism" when the increments move glacially slow.

I was sorely pi**ed with LEAA after realizing the only thing civilians got from supporting them were lighter pocketbooks.

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    Was wondering if MD cc permit has a statute of years past a certain offenses like other states ex. Utah and VA permits.

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;

Possesion of a joint 20 yrs ago. am i doomed in MD for a carry permit?

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

Why would you think LEOSA would ever pave the way for anything for civilians?

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I'm kind of naive on that score, tending to believe gun groups until I don't.

The thing is, law enforcement always gets special privileges, as agents of the government. It's not the same situation as a bill that doesn't allow non-resident permits to be used by a resident of a state.

Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    Hudson's bill will never create the so-called national reciprosity that many peaceful, arms bearing citizens of the Union seek even if it were to pass to the statutes at large.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;

Possesion of a joint 20 yrs ago. am i doomed in MD for a carry permit?

there might be something if you were a minor at the time, but I believe that if you were an adult, that yes, your are prohibited from every getting one, even if you have g&s.

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    Yes I can dig it. Md is the king of f#$^ked up s#$t. I mean how is it possible for a person with not even a parking ticket to be denied. So even getting every single non-res permit out there you still cant carry in MD even if Trump passes reciprocity (which I doubt will happen).

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    For what it's worth you could always become a police officer. Minor drug use years ago shouldn't be an issue as long as you were honest about it on your background. Depending on county...

Want a gun as a citizen? That minor drug issue from years ago clearly makes you an evil person looking for a permit so you can run a major drug operation.

Weird how that works.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes I can dig it. Md is the king of f#$^ked up s#$t. I mean how is it possible for a person with not even a parking ticket to be denied. So even getting every single non-res permit out there you still cant carry in MD even if Trump passes reciprocity (which I doubt will happen).

If the house version of the bill passes, you could carry in MD on a NR permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom