• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    the title says it all. What are the experiences of the group with these 2 reproductions? I'm looking for something I can shoot reliably, not put in a display case.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Heck I ordered one $229 for a 1858 steel frame with an extra cylinder and free shipping isnt bad. Plus I have all the stuff for my .44 Navy

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Not even close, look at the quality Uberti > Pietta by a LONG shot.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      110.2 KB · Views: 263
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 270

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Uberti is the gold standard for Italian-made reproduction revolvers and long guns, in terms of fit/finish and reliability.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    There's a reason that Colt 2nd gen cap and ball revolvers were made with Uberti forgings.

Interesting. For the money Ill go with the Pietta and upgrade. My 1851 Confed has been ok. Well machined, good trigger. Sounds like if I ever get into this black powder thing I will be looking for excellent machined Uberti.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So far I've picked up two Piettas, one 1851 and one 1860. Neither have been fired yet. The 1851 has a nice trigger, the 1860 not so much. I need to take them apart at some point and figure out what's going on. I may be using them in a match this month, still deciding.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    So far I've picked up two Piettas, one 1851 and one 1860. Neither have been fired yet. The 1851 has a nice trigger, the 1860 not so much. I need to take them apart at some point and figure out what's going on. I may be using them in a match this month, still deciding.

My 51 confederate is the same, very crisp, well see how this 58 is.

Honestly the black powder guns dont get much of a workout. Mostly they collect dust on the shelf as they are the only gun I keep "out" since no one is exactly going to load and shoot me with it.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    My 51 confederate is the same, very crisp, well see how this 58 is.

Honestly the black powder guns dont get much of a workout. Mostly they collect dust on the shelf as they are the only gun I keep "out" since no one is exactly going to load and shoot me with it.

Funny you mention that. My friend's house got broken into recently and the burglar took his Pietta Colt 1860, but left the power, caps, and shot. He also didn't find my friend's Mosin, so that's safe. I'm waiting for someone to get arrested trying to rob a store with a Colt 1860 or for someone to get arrested while illegally carrying that. When my friend was giving a statement to the detective, he showed him a picture of the 1860. The detective said "wait, I thought you said it was blue?"

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Funny you mention that. My friend's house got broken into recently and the burglar took his Pietta Colt 1860, but left the power, caps, and shot. He also didn't find my friend's Mosin, so that's safe. I'm waiting for someone to get arrested trying to rob a store with a Colt 1860 or for someone to get arrested while illegally carrying that. When my friend was giving a statement to the detective, he showed him a picture of the 1860. The detective said "wait, I thought you said it was blue?"

It isnt technically a firearm. It is an antique. So carry away. (Not recommended)

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

I figure they are good decoys. Plus I like to freak my wife out as I work the trigger sometimes. Love blackpowder guns they are cheap and fun.

I figured $229 for the 58 with an extra cylinder I couldnt go wrong. Plus I like engraved (Even if its photo engraved) guns.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Thanks for the clarity. I will abide by the group consensus.

Does a cap and ball reproduction need to be transfered by a FFL or is it cash and carry as a C&R?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Looks like I'll be heading to Clark Brothers since I can't shoot these inside at any of the ranges here. I really hope they have more caps, I only got 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom