• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Things are looking up in the Gunslinger household. I just received my offer letter to a much better job than the one I currently have. Once I'm in that position, I plan on treating myself to a new rifle. For some really I REALLY want a CZ527. Most likely in 7.62x39. What can you folks who own one tell me about this little carbine? What kind of accuracy can I expect? Is it true these things were build for the cheaper steel case ammo? Any IPs carry them? What am I looking at for prices in MD? I'll be making my rounds to try to find one after Christmas.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Alphabrew has one in 7.62x39 and Jimbob2.0 in 223. There was a really nice deal on the 7.62x39 model with the compact stock over Thanksgiving break for $500 from J&G Sales ...

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5005226

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I have the carbine 527 I am a sucker for bolt guns with sights. Its a really solid gun, smooth bolt, nice set trigger, nice walnut and bluing. Relatively light with great balance. Its the old 1:12 mode so it struggles with heavier bullets my understanding is the new ones are 1:10.

I think we all should have gone for the JG sales offer on the 527 7.62*39 its a perfect round for that size/weight gun. Hopefully they will do another sale around Xmas. Im probably in at that point.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    The stocks are not as nice as the first ones arrived in the USA.

Attachments

• czrifle.JPG
      czrifle.JPG
      109.3 KB · Views: 262

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sweet rifles! Need to get it back to the range.

Attachments

• 0DF47C27-B6F5-4585-B474-FCEF3162BC2C.jpg
      0DF47C27-B6F5-4585-B474-FCEF3162BC2C.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 117

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Sweet. Royal is a variant stock that they make? Maybe it's an image compression artifact, but the barrel looks dimpled too. Looks like a nice, long-range coyote gun.

The Royal has a sort of over sized target stock with a bit of a pistol grip , Jeweling on the bolt, set trigger, floated barrel and the unusual barrel finish.
    It's a hammer forged barrel on the Royal and they just don't smooth out the hammer forging marks (or so I was told).
    Loves 45-50 gr ammo 1-12 twist barrel.
    Will consistently shoot MOA if I do my part.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Royal has a sort of over sized target stock with a bit of a pistol grip , Jeweling on the bolt, set trigger, floated barrel and the unusual barrel finish.

It's a hammer forged barrel on the Royal and they just don't smooth out the hammer forging marks (or so I was told).

Loves 45-50 gr ammo 1-12 twist barrel.
    Will consistently shoot MOA if I do my part.

Darn, another CZ rifle to add to the lust list. Mechanical excellence and beauty.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Nice rifles guys! So now I need like 6 different CZ rifles. Looking at there sight again, I actually forgot about one CZ I've wanted for probably 12 years. The .22lr training rifle. I think it was the 452 years ago but now is the 455.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom