Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:30 PM #41
squig's Avatar
squig squig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baltimore City born and bred, recently transplanted to Reisterstown.
Posts: 228
squig squig is offline
Member
squig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baltimore City born and bred, recently transplanted to Reisterstown.
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Just the nature of the beast I guess...

Over population, economy, and bad social skills.

Spreading out of the cities to commit crime, and take advantage of richer and less dangerous areas.

Just drive 2 or 3 miles down the road to Owings Mills, and it's a complete poop hole.

A mall that gets robbed weekly in broad daylight, and nobody want to visit in fear of their life.

Like I said it's just an opinion, and I'm not just going by random facts or crap I hear through the interweb.

I have lived and work in Reisterstown for years, and I beleive it's changing fast.
No doubt. I'm just north of Hannah Moore on Main Street, and my good friend is just off of Tollgate Rd. The contrasts are sickening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faze View Post
Buy guns, ammo, cameras and an alarm system. You will be fine. G&S has been shot down and we can all carry now. Life goes on.
Already there faze. Been there before as well, when still residing in Baltimore. I guess I just won't be happy until I find a place like Main Street Reisterstown out in the middle of nowhere.
squig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:31 PM #42
TROOPER's Avatar
TROOPER TROOPER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,770
TROOPER TROOPER is offline
Senior Member
TROOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,770
Well talking of shootings in Reisterstown LOL...

Police shoot Reisterstown man after he attacks police with a SWORD

http://owingsmills.patch.com/article...ice-with-sword

AND... Then days later (at the same address)..
Police arrest 3 people for kidnapping, murder and gun charges....

http://owingsmills.patch.com/article...sterstown-teen

And per my previous post about the 9 month kidnapping and beating on Brookebury Drive...

I may have to retract my statements and say, yes Reisterstown is a great place to live.
TROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:40 PM #43
TROOPER's Avatar
TROOPER TROOPER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,770
TROOPER TROOPER is offline
Senior Member
TROOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,770
Can anyone say "flash mob" LOL

Group attacks...

http://owingsmills.patch.com/article...ted-police-say

Quote:
Five unknown male suspects attacked a victim in the parking lot of the Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet between 7:50 and 8:20 p.m. The suspects punched the victim repeatedly in the face, back, legs and feet, and took $150 cash, a drivers license, four Amway supplements and a Motorola cell phone, police said.
Quote:
Six male suspects attacked a victim from behind, striking the person in the back of the head at East Cherry Hill Road and Mardan Drive in Reisterstown at 7:50 p.m. The victim fell to the ground, and was attacked while on the ground. The suspects took the victim’s Verizon Android cell phone, police said.
Quote:
Seven male suspects approached two victims from behind and attacked them at 8:05 p.m. at Sugarbury Court and Brookebury Drive in Reisterstown, according to police. The victims fought the suspects off and sustained no injuries. They saw the suspects running on Caraway Road towards Reisterstown Road.
TROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:25 PM #44
ThatGuy179's Avatar
ThatGuy179 ThatGuy179 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 446
ThatGuy179 ThatGuy179 is offline
Member
ThatGuy179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Can anyone say "flash mob" LOL

Group attacks...

http://owingsmills.patch.com/article...ted-police-say
just goes to show that reisterstown isnt even close to being ghetto
ThatGuy179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:19 AM #45
squig's Avatar
squig squig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baltimore City born and bred, recently transplanted to Reisterstown.
Posts: 228
squig squig is offline
Member
squig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baltimore City born and bred, recently transplanted to Reisterstown.
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy179 View Post
just goes to show that reisterstown isnt even close to being ghetto
http://section-8-housing.findthebest...yland/Columbia
Says the guy who lives in Columbia.
squig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:01 PM #46
Jason21237 Jason21237 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Delta,PA
Posts: 2,782
Jason21237 Jason21237 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Delta,PA
Posts: 2,782
Most places within reach of the mta on the west side of Baltimore county are shit holes. Theres no point in trying to defend the area. Its has been ruined for a long time. Liberty rd a good ways out has constant issues and the same with Reisterstown rd. Yes there are some decent neighborhoods but the argument is no different than claiming Fells point or Canton are super safe great areas when you can walk 3 or 4 blocks and be in a very bad place. Not trying to start a pissing contest just speaking the truth as seen through my own eyes. I have been in almost every neighborhood in the state at night and have seen the best and the worst. Feel free to talk shit about my area. I dont care and am on my way to greener pastures as soon as possible. This whole state is a shithole especially thanks to section 8 housing and the mta.
Jason21237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM #47
hdatontodo's Avatar
hdatontodo hdatontodo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: W Balto Co
Posts: 2,436
hdatontodo hdatontodo is offline
Senior Member
hdatontodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: W Balto Co
Posts: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by squig View Post
No doubt. I'm just north of Hannah Moore on Main Street, ... I guess I just won't be happy until I find a place like Main Street Reisterstown out in the middle of nowhere.
I'm walking distance to The Cow. I made a similar remark to the Mrs about liking the neighborhood but wishing it were elsewhere (i.e. closer to family near DC.)

Edit: whenever I hear a car punching it eastbound on Bond Ave, it is usually one of the county's finest, heading toward the apartments quickly.

Last edited by hdatontodo; July 29th, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
hdatontodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM #48
faze's Avatar
faze faze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baltimore County, MD
Posts: 2,113
faze faze is offline
Senior Member
faze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baltimore County, MD
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason21237 View Post
Most places within reach of the mta on the west side of Baltimore county are shit holes. Theres no point in trying to defend the area. Its has been ruined for a long time. Liberty rd a good ways out has constant issues and the same with Reisterstown rd. Yes there are some decent neighborhoods but the argument is no different than claiming Fells point or Canton are super safe great areas when you can walk 3 or 4 blocks and be in a very bad place. Not trying to start a pissing contest just speaking the truth as seen through my own eyes. I have been in almost every neighborhood in the state at night and have seen the best and the worst. Feel free to talk shit about my area. I dont care and am on my way to greener pastures as soon as possible. This whole state is a shithole especially thanks to section 8 housing and the mta.
I live right next to Food Lion and have never seen a cop car in my neighborhood. It's REALLY quiet.
__________________
2nd amendment enthusiast.

http://www.marylandshallissue.org

Psalm 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM #49
Name Taken Name Taken is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central
Posts: 9,882
Name Taken Name Taken is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central
Posts: 9,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by faze View Post
I live right next to Food Lion and have never seen a cop car in my neighborhood. It's REALLY quiet.
You either dont look outside enough or just have lazy patrol officers in the neighborhood.

Seeing a police car is not a bad thing and is actually good. Seeing several cars at the same or seeing the same one getting out of their car to answer calls in the neighborhood isnt such a great thing.

My blinds are usually open in my relatively quiet neighborhood and about once a week I see a police car. They drive though and it's welcoming to see them. They dont appear to be stopping or answering calls...just driving around for visibility.
__________________
"The way to get people out of poverty is to make them uncomfortable in their poverty." -- Ben Franklin

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell
Name Taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:23 PM #50
faze's Avatar
faze faze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baltimore County, MD
Posts: 2,113
faze faze is offline
Senior Member
faze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baltimore County, MD
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name Taken View Post
You either dont look outside enough or just have lazy patrol officers in the neighborhood.

Seeing a police car is not a bad thing and is actually good. Seeing several cars at the same or seeing the same one getting out of their car to answer calls in the neighborhood isnt such a great thing.

My blinds are usually open in my relatively quiet neighborhood and about once a week I see a police car. They drive though and it's welcoming to see them. They dont appear to be stopping or answering calls...just driving around for visibility.
I do look outside and walk around quite a bit. I have never seen anything happen. The bank by me has been robbed as has Royal Farms, but that shit happens everywhere.

__________________
2nd amendment enthusiast.

http://www.marylandshallissue.org

Psalm 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2017, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service