Anyone know anything about a Remington 700 ADL???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I was at Wal-Mart in Glen Burnie today and they had something called a Remington 700 "ADL" 270 in the rifle case. It had a synthetic stock and iron sights. Most amazing was the price of $384. That seems about $150 or so less than any Rem 700 I've seen.

Does anyone know anything about the ADL? I know about BDL's, but I've never heard of ADL's??? Is this a Wal-Mart only Remington or something? For that price I may consider heading back up there for it.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    The ADL was the bottom of the Remington pecking order. NOTHING wrong with it at all but not as fancy. I have owned the ADL, BDL, Classic and the new CDL, all use the same action so fire at will!

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    adls are great i have owned many i have one in 30-06 right now the main diffrence is no floor plate you load the ammo at the bolt they use the same action for adls and bdls very strong and dependable pluss synthetic is impervious to the weather buy one you woulnt be dissapointed.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    adls are great i have owned many i have one in 30-06 right now the main diffrence is no floor plate you load the ammo at the bolt they use the same action for adls and bdls very strong and dependable pluss synthetic is impervious to the weather buy one you woulnt be dissapointed.

Can you explain to me what a floor plate is??? I'm still a bit of a rifle newbie. Are you saying to load you open the bolt and push the ammo in from the top? I actually didn't realize there was another way to do it other than a detachable magazine???

You are also saying they are just as accurate and dependable as other Rem 700's? What about the price, is $384 good?

Thanks. Just want to have my facts straight before heading up there.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Excellent. Thanks for clarrifying that. Guess it's time to throw another four bills on my credit card (this hobby is killing me) :sad20: :rolleyes:

Hold off if you can. I bet several people will bring stuff for sale at the shoot. Look in the for sale section, I know of someone (shameless plug) that has a nice .270 with a hinged floorplate on the chop block! :o

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    Back in the early 70's I bought a Rem 700 ADL in 25:06 cal. The only difference between it and the BDL was the fancy shinny black on the end of the forearm and the fancy cap on the grip.

It's hard to beat a Rem Mod 700 in any caliber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom