Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland

Notices

Old July 14th, 2011, 05:05 PM #61
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Gut instincts have been bred out of most of the population and those of us that still have them may even be called racists. Paranoia is good thing for normal people it means you are in tune with things around you. I would rather be paranoid and live to see tomorrow then be nice and be buried tomorrow.
jrumann59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:17 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by faze View Post
Light rail is Hunt Valley, which somehow is still nice. Owings Mills mall? People get robbed in the parking lot during the day.
I worked in O/M in 1998. When did the area go that bad?
Second Amendment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:58 PM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Amendment View Post
I worked in O/M in 1998. When did the area go that bad?
It went on a slow decline after the metro was added.
faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:20 PM #64

hey Faze- I don't know what your occupation is, sounds like you like where you work-that is Great!! I live up in Ceciltucky, not too close to Elkton, but jobs aren't too hard to find, and on the way to the gun range I have been passing a nice looking,though older, two story farm house available for rent at $1200 per month. Closest neighbor is about 2/3rds mile away and all the houses are older, established, and probably only have the redneck crimes-drunken fireworks and such. That's about the best we can hope for in todays world...
A. Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:22 PM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Wayne View Post
hey Faze- I don't know what your occupation is, sounds like you like where you work-that is Great!! I live up in Ceciltucky, not too close to Elkton, but jobs aren't too hard to find, and on the way to the gun range I have been passing a nice looking,though older, two story farm house available for rent at $1200 per month. Closest neighbor is about 2/3rds mile away and all the houses are older, established, and probably only have the redneck crimes-drunken fireworks and such. That's about the best we can hope for in todays world...
Yeah my job's awesome. I'm a lead IT Operations Engineer...and my salary is insane, for only being 24 years old, I make more than 99% of people my age do, almost 100k a year. So I don't want to lose that at all.

Regarding your suggestion, what street is it on? I'd love to look into it.
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:32 PM #66

Location: Baltimore City born and bred, recently transplanted to Reisterstown.

Location: Baltimore City born and bred, recently transplanted to Reisterstown.
Quote:
Wow you lived in the city? Brave man... You know which townhomes I mean right? The ones right next to Food Lion, not behind it. I think they were built in like 2003? It's $1800 a month for 3 bedrooms, but it's well worth it if it's as nice as you say. But yes, north of Hannah Moore is safe. There are some isolated incidents near the Royal Farms (near Food Lion) on Main st. but it's mainly bus stop issues as far as I can tell. Farmer's and Merchant's was robbed at gunpoint 5 times in a month, they now have to buzz you in, and you must walk through a metal detector to enter. The Royal Farms I just mentioned (the one under construction now) is also robbed pretty frequently. Aside from that, it's not bad north of Hannah Moore.
Yeah I was born and raised in Canton, back when it was still a working class neighborhood. I had no idea the Royal Farms had been robbed so frequently. Of course, then again, like you stated, the common denominator being the bus stop right there. I occasionaly hear loud groups of people getting off the stop closest to my place. I just keep an eye on them from my window, unnoticed. Of course they are all walking south towards the apartments.

I did have one incident where I heard a guy banging on my front door pretty early, maybe 0800. Firstly, nobody shows up at our place unannounced, and secondly, everyone who does visit knows to come around back, as there are two other tenants living in the house. I looked out the window facing 140, and saw this guy turn and quickly start walking toward the rear of the house. I ran up to the bedroom, grabbed my pistol, and went down to the door to wait for him. I actually got the drop on him, and opened the door just as he was getting ready to knock. Had my pistol behind me (think Huckleberry's pic), with my right foot pressed up against the bottom of the door in case he tried to rush me. He was looking for someone who has never lived at the house since I've been there. I informed him there was no one there by said name, and he asked (in an a$$hole tone) isn't this Apt X?, to which I responded no this is Apt Y. He got short with me and asked where Apt X is, and I told him, He promptly turned around and went downstairs, without saying anything at all. So I say you are effing welcome, and slam the door. After my interaction with him he struck me as a process server of some kind, but I didn't like his body languge or all the other suspicious details. He was a middle aged white guy, casually dressed, and didn't strike me as a junkie. Luckily, havn't had an issue since. Probably just a misunderstanding, but I don't live under the impression that I'm immune to crime because of living all the way out here.
squig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:35 PM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by squig View Post
Yeah I was born and raised in Canton, back when it was still a working class neighborhood. I had no idea the Royal Farms had been robbed so frequently. Of course, then again, like you stated, the common denominator being the bus stop right there. I occasionaly hear loud groups of people getting off the stop closest to my place. I just keep an eye on them from my window, unnoticed. Of course they are all walking south towards the apartments.

I did have one incident where I heard a guy banging on my front door pretty early, maybe 0800. Firstly, nobody shows up at our place unannounced, and secondly, everyone who does visit knows to come around back, as there are two other tenants living in the house. I looked out the window facing 140, and saw this guy turn and quickly start walking toward the rear of the house. I ran up to the bedroom, grabbed my pistol, and went down to the door to wait for him. I actually got the drop on him, and opened the door just as he was getting ready to knock. Had my pistol behind me (think Huckleberry's pic), with my right foot pressed up against the bottom of the door in case he tried to rush me. He was looking for someone who has never lived at the house since I've been there. I informed him there was no one there by said name, and he asked (in an a$$hole tone) isn't this Apt X?, to which I responded no this is Apt Y. He got short with me and asked where Apt X is, and I told him, He promptly turned around and went downstairs, without saying anything at all. So I say you are effing welcome, and slam the door. After my interaction with him he struck me as a process server of some kind, but I didn't like his body languge or all the other suspicious details. He was a middle aged white guy, casually dressed, and didn't strike me as a junkie. Luckily, havn't had an issue since. Probably just a misunderstanding, but I don't live under the impression that I'm immune to crime because of living all the way out here.
Nobody is immune to crime. But there are places where you're safer than others...i.e. nowhere in between Baltimore and northern VA.
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:42 PM #68

Quote:
Yeah my job's awesome. I'm a lead IT Operations Engineer...and my salary is insane, for only being 24 years old, I make more than 99% of people my age do, almost 100k a year. So I don't want to lose that at all.

Regarding your suggestion, what street is it on? I'd love to look into it.
It is on Barnes Corner Rd. in the Colora,Farmington,Rising Sun area. About 20 minutes from anywhere in USA that is not in the Colora,Farminton, or Rising sun area- beautiful
A. Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:44 PM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Wayne View Post
It is on Barnes Corner Rd. in the Colora,Farmington,Rising Sun area. About 20 minutes from anywhere in USA that is not in the Colora,Farminton, or Rising sun area- beautiful
http://hotpads.com/rentals/44-Barnes...-17c4brx3df2c4

That one?
Old July 14th, 2011, 07:53 PM #70

Send a message via ICQ to Bigdtc

Send a message via ICQ to Bigdtc
You really should consider Hampstead or Finksburg. There are definitely homes in your price range in both areas. If your interested in a place in Hampstead, let me know. I think my friend still has a nice rancher up here on a small lot for around $1400.00/mo....
Bigdtc is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland