• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Original expired in July 2019 after 9 years, and wasn’t a priority at the time since I hadn’t purchased anything in 6 years. Times change and getting back into the swing- mailed app on 7/17, received new C&R license on 8/19. Seems pretty quick for post-COVID reality.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Last time I had one made up from Staples I think- this time I just ordered a pre-fab one on Amazon that will be here tomorrow, probably cheaper than what I paid last time too.

I use one of those bound compostion books like we used in school. Take a straight edge and make your columns and that's all it takes. Should be able to find them at Walmart this time of year for a dollar or 2

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Funny you start this. I was literally just saying i need to renew mine. Let it lapse 5 years ago. I probably won’t really be using it but for $30 it’s just worth it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have not even purchased anything since getting my new one (I gapped mine).
    I had been waiting for gun shows to start again, I may have to start looking on GoneBroker

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    I finally sent my application in last week. Hoping I am able to use it in Maryland to pick up my latest import from Germany. I believe Maryland allows C&R Rifle sales to out of state FFL03 that will be transferred from FFL01/08.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I finally sent my application in last week. Hoping I am able to use it in Maryland to pick up my latest import from Germany. I believe Maryland allows C&R Rifle sales to out of state FFL03 that will be transferred from FFL01/08.

You can buy from anywhere- suggest asking the 01 from out of state to make sure if they will do it. There have been some in the world that won’t.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    You can buy from anywhere- suggest asking the 01 from out of state to make sure if they will do it. There have been some in the world that won’t.
    I think she will. Maryland had some weird law that only touching states can buy long guns but I don't think that applies to FFL03.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I think she will. Maryland had some weird law that only touching states can buy long guns but I don't think that applies to FFL03.

FFL 03 can buy from anywhere and have shipped from anywhere, long Gun or handgun as long as it was made prior to 1970.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    One just has to think of the FFL 03 for what it is; a Federal firearms license. As Federal it applies to Interstate transactions as described in the guidelines and regulations that come with the license. Intrastate transactions are at the mercy of the states, so the FFL03 is of no advantage here in Maryland. Also refer to the C & R section FAQs thread

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    One just has to think of the FFL 03 for what it is; a Federal firearms license. As Federal it applies to Interstate transactions as described in the guidelines and regulations that come with the license. Intrastate transactions are at the mercy of the states, so the FFL03 is of no advantage here in Maryland. Also refer to the C & R section FAQs thread

Disagree, it’s a pretty nice advantage for only $30 having firearms brought to your door by the Big Brown Truck. Also you do save by cutting out the retailers and buying online from importers, Gunbroker deals, etc.

Also pretty much guarantees you won’t have any issues with NICS check delays on other purchases, they clear almost immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom